EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone,

Today is the Day party

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 12.12.23.png

After a week of countdown topics, you should now have a pretty good idea of what your ideal wedding looks like winkYou can put together the location, the outfit, the reception details and the hen/stag do and see what it looks like altogether ... or mix and match from others' answers!

For example I'd pick ...

• Before the big day, a traditionnal hen/stag do: I'd trust @gmarkj or @jonsie with these.
  • @Marjo idea of a wedding in space
  • The gothic dressing code @Cleoriff mentionned
  • A giant tiered victoria sponge by @Anonymous for a classic touch
  • Followed by a honeymoon on Oahu as @Glory1 suggested!

We know some of you will be following today's event, on TV or elsewhere, and it's surely going to be very exciting Confused

So share your thoughts on the Wedding in the comments as the day unfolds, and have a lovely weekend! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Firstly @EmilieT congratulations on being up as early as me, in order to create this post Bouncy

I turned my TV on as soon as I got up and every news channel is talking about nothing else.

It's a glorious sunny day and the crowds in Windsor, even at this time, are flocking in.

Some have been their for 2 days!

A particularly nice touch yesterday was seeing Prince Harry go out to meet those who were had been there for hours. Completely unexpected and so typical of him.

I do know that the florists were up all night making a garland arch to the entrance of St.Georges Chapel. It will be filled with white roses.

The cake: Is a lemon elderflower cake

Also in the absence of Meghans father, it was revealed yesterday, she will be walked down the aisle by her future father in law Prince Charles wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 62

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

PS, I'm not sure it's a good idea to leave the planning of the hen and stag do in the hands of @gmarkj and @jonsie

On second thoughts you might be ok with @gmarkj but @jonsie would probably have the groom drunk, tied to a lamppost and left there naked LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 62

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just announced. The Royal couple will be known as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 62

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

I am watching the wedding on bbc1Cheers gift cant watch itv1 with Phillip Schofield i cant stand him .

Then after the FA Cup Final c'mon the Red Evil's slight_smile

Message 5 of 62

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Poppysmum wrote:

I am watching the wedding on bbc1Cheers gift cant watch itv1 with Phillip Schofield i cant stand him .

Then after the FA Cup Final c'mon the Red Evil's slight_smile

Well the BBC certainly have things down to a fine art @Poppysmum. They have had their coverage running all through the night.

I do like Philip Schofield but can't stand the damn adverts.

Also, the BBC always do pageantry so well. We have watched the Horse Guards rehearsing for the procession.

Even that rehearsal, with the glorious horses, brings a lump to my throat.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 62

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The guests are arriving now.... Some beautiful outfits.

Blimey they have a long wait (particularly some women in 4 inch stiletto heels...) fearful

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 62

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Firstly @EmilieT congratulations on being up as early as me, in order to create this post Bouncy

I turned my TV on as soon as I got up and every news channel is talking about nothing else.

It's a glorious sunny day and the crowds in Windsor, even at this time, are flocking in.

Some have been there for 2 days!

A particularly nice touch yesterday was seeing Prince Harry go out to meet those who were had been there for hours. Completely unexpected and so typical of him.

I do know that the florists were up all night making a garland arch to the entrance of St.Georges Chapel. It will be filled with white roses.

The cake: Is a lemon elderflower cake

Also in the absence of Meghans father, it was revealed yesterday, she will be walked down the aisle by her future father in law Prince Charles wink

Oh god I have run out of editing time.

Made a mistake I hate....see my substitution of THERE for the original 'their'...*shudders* confounded

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 62

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Loving it glad its a nice summers day for them sun

Been and made a coffee you can all share plenty of mugs to go round .

Sorry no coffee/tea smillie wonder why Don't know

Message 9 of 62

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

The guests are arriving now.... Some beautiful outfits.

Blimey they have a long wait (particularly some women in 4 inch stiletto heels...) fearful

I wouldnt be able to walk in heels crocs , emu boots or flat lace ups for me LOL 

I also dont wear dresses now would leggings with crocs be ok for the wedding invite Don't know  LOL 

Message 10 of 62