cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refused Credit Excellent Credit History

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm going to post the email that ice just sent to O2 and carphone warehouse. If anyone can help me I would be eternally grateful! Thank you!!:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Please could someone call me about an urgent issue.

I have been refused an o2 pay monthly iphone 5 contract For £27 a month plus an upfront £99 charge for the iPhone 5 at carphone warehouse in Bluewater today for no good reason. I have an excellent credit history and have never missed a payment. I have credit cards that I pay the balance off monthly and have had no problems opening credit accounts. I have recently moved but I have six years history at my previous address and have never had any problems.

I called my bank and they said my history is excellent and I am considered low risk and could not understand why I was treated in this way.

I currently use an O2 business phone, but this is a company phone and I will be giving it back in the next few days as I am moving jobs and need to open a personal O2 account with an iPhone 5 Urgently.

I am disgusted how I have been treated by O2. No explanation was offered as to why my credit application was refused and as a person who prides herself on managing her finances impeccably, I was embarrassed to be refused a contract for a measly £27 a month. I do believe that it is my right according to the data protection act to know why my credit application has been refused.

Is it because I work part-time? I still have a £30k a year income but that question was not asked!

Please could somebody look into this and contact me as soon as possible.
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry It was not Experian it was Equifax.
Message 21 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Have you recently applied for credit for anything else as we know O2 systems don't like it if there are multiple credit checks in quick succession?
However, having said that, they do seem to refuse for the most incomprehensible reasons sometimes. I think the problem is it's all down to a computer programme with no human common sense applied....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 25

Nidge2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Looking for advice on below:

After spending 2 hours on calls ( where I got hung up on twice) and using the on line methods of chat, went over to local O2 shop to see if they could answer my issue.

I have 4 numbers associated with my account ( family)and want to add another member with new phone/sim etc only to find that there were two issues:

1: it stated I had exceeded amount of pay monthly accounts ( only have 4 and now one I spoke to could understand this message)

2: Order refused reason was credit... I am a member of Equifax and checked my rating and is rated Excellent with no issues anywhere. 

So who do I contact to sort this out (number or email) so as to add new phone and number to my account as was passed from person to person this morning. Or do I just move all accounts to different supplier ??

Message 23 of 25

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6584 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1487 Solutions

I seriously doubt you are going to get them to budge and the only email is to credit referals at which point it seems to disappear into a black hole. There are no phone numbers for them.

Taking out a plan with a different company seems the best option

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 24 of 25

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10163 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3010 Solutions

@Nidge2 

You are never guaranteed any extra accounts with o2 or any other supplier... 

Your credit score also means bod all to be honest, it is all down to percieved risk, your current credit file (not score). 

As others have said they wont budge and 4 lines is nothing to o2.... 

EE are even more strict

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 25 of 25