jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Politics Live: MPs debating UK ban on Donald Trump - BBC News
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-35337170

I pay taxes for this....?

It seems everyone wants 6 minutes of fame!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Curr946 wrote:
its not going to happen.

I assume you are his chief briber then as you seem to know the result 

Well, the commons dont have the power to ban someone from the UK. Second, the primeminister has already said he doesnt support said action and three, they would need to "pin" a reason within the current laws. Freedom of speak is not a reason to ban his, hes a poor excuse of a human being, but sadly this on its own is not a reason to ban him.

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

They will find a loophole, I guarantee it, I know the result 

Message 12 of 15

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@Curr946 wrote:

Well, the commons dont have the power to ban someone from the UK. Second, the primeminister has already said he doesnt support said action and three, they would need to "pin" a reason within the current laws. Freedom of speak is not a reason to ban his, hes a poor excuse of a human being, but sadly this on its own is not a reason to ban him.

1. They do. 

If enough mp's call for it, the home office can and do retract visas.

2.They could very easily "pin" racial hatred laws on him and use those as a reason. Freedom of speech is one thing, unless it crosses certain lines. Then it becomes a case of "could it incite religious or racial crimes or hatred"

Just letting you know @Anonymous

Message 13 of 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for that detailed information @viridis. It gives a great explanation of the powers available when required.

However I will say this.....As much as I hate Donald Trump and all he stands for, this debate in Parliament is giving him too much publicity. He and his followers will feed off it and use it to their advantage I am sure...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 15

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@Cleoriff Yup, especially as it won't amount to anything.
He's a knob yes, but it's not our place to judge him. The republican party and god forbid, the American people will judge him by means of his nomination and/or election.

Message 15 of 15