Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Level 25: Hard Hitter

Re: Raise your glass's please.

@jonsie wrote:

@gindygoo wrote:
@WispaRed7 yes, his name was Royston Hawley.

That could be a name to remember in years to come. 

It would be Dad's dream to become known as an artist. He went to uni late in life and got his BA (with hons) and spent a good 50yrs honing his technique. His seascapes in oil on canvas are (yes I'm biased) to me amazing. So 🤞 that his wish comes true.

Thank you to everyone for leaving condolences and offering support. It's very kind of you all. Xx

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Really sorry for your loss @gindygoo Please let me know if there is anything I, or the rest of the community team can do. 

Thanks @Martin-O2 that's really kind. I did promise to write a review on my new iPhone 8, which I will but obvs it won't be as soon as I'd initially planned.

Topics: 83
Blog Posts: 2

@gindygoo wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

@gindygoo wrote:
@WispaRed7 yes, his name was Royston Hawley.

That could be a name to remember in years to come. 

It would be Dad's dream to become known as an artist. He went to uni late in life and got his BA (with hons) and spent a good 50yrs honing his technique. His seascapes in oil on canvas are (yes I'm biased) to me amazing. So 🤞 that his wish comes true.

@Well @gindygoo if his seascapes in oil on canvas are as stunning as the painting you shared with us then they are certainly amazing. 

What a legacy if his wish did indeed come true and I hope it comes true for your sake.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Community Manager

No worries @gindygoo just let us know if you need anything during this difficult time. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Community Manager

Very sorry for your loss @gindygooSmiley Sad Raising a cup! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Topics: 248

Raising a glass to Royston Hawley RIP

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*

I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry

Thanks again guys. Today is a better day and although I'm still very sad, I've progressed past utterly crushed and at times finding it hard to breathe.

This is the closest family I've ever lost, and is the one I've always dreaded. Grief, it's a many headed beast. I know I've yet to deal with the funeral and that'll be hard, but I'm going to try to be strong. 🤞

[ Edited ]

image.jpg

Here's another of Dad's paintings, this one hangs in my living room.

image.jpg

And this is a painting of the town up north I grew up in. An unusual one as it's not a seascape, but still uses water. Can you see the double decker bus?  

Topics: 674

It will get easier Charlie...but not yet. You have many steps to go through but you will get there.

I will just share something which may help (although we all cope and deal with grief in different ways). When I lost my dad, I went to pieces. However, I was perceived as a strong woman and as such I tried to live up to other peoples expectations of me. I taught student nurses about bereavement and therefore thought I knew about it and as such I could deal with it. 

Bottom line I couldn't deal with it on my own. I was afraid to show the outside world that I couldnt cope.

Eventually (and reluctantly) I went for bereavement counselling after 18 months. The first question she asked me was 'Why are you trying to pretend you are fine? Once I realised I had to cope for ME and not others, I started to heal and felt better

Not everyone needs counselling...but I thought I would share that with you. heart

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 674

PS Your dad's painting are absolutely superb ....

*The Game Is On*