Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raise your glass's please.

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Yesterday my old Dad passed away. It was sudden and although he was 81 it was unexpected. He died whilst out and about in town, doing what he loved. He was adamant that he'd carry on going to the seafront to watch the water and get new idea's for his amazing artwork.

I'd like to ask you all to raise a glass/cup of tea to him.

The universe lost a beautiful soul.

Cheers Dad 🥂
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@gindygoo wrote:
@Anonymous yes, his name was Royston Hawley.

That could be a name to remember in years to come. 

It would be Dad's dream to become known as an artist. He went to uni late in life and got his BA (with hons) and spent a good 50yrs honing his technique. His seascapes in oil on canvas are (yes I'm biased) to me amazing. So 🤞 that his wish comes true.

Thank you to everyone for leaving condolences and offering support. It's very kind of you all. Xx

Message 21 of 37

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Really sorry for your loss @gindygoo Please let me know if there is anything I, or the rest of the community team can do. 

Thanks @Martin-O2 that's really kind. I did promise to write a review on my new iPhone 8, which I will but obvs it won't be as soon as I'd initially planned.

Message 22 of 37

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@gindygoo wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

@gindygoo wrote:
@Anonymous yes, his name was Royston Hawley.

That could be a name to remember in years to come. 

It would be Dad's dream to become known as an artist. He went to uni late in life and got his BA (with hons) and spent a good 50yrs honing his technique. His seascapes in oil on canvas are (yes I'm biased) to me amazing. So 🤞 that his wish comes true.

@Well @gindygoo if his seascapes in oil on canvas are as stunning as the painting you shared with us then they are certainly amazing. 

What a legacy if his wish did indeed come true and I hope it comes true for your sake.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 23 of 37

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

No worries @gindygoo just let us know if you need anything during this difficult time. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 24 of 37

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Very sorry for your loss @gindygooslight_frown Raising a cup! 

Message 25 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Raising a glass to Royston Hawley RIP

Message 26 of 37

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Thanks again guys. Today is a better day and although I'm still very sad, I've progressed past utterly crushed and at times finding it hard to breathe.

This is the closest family I've ever lost, and is the one I've always dreaded. Grief, it's a many headed beast. I know I've yet to deal with the funeral and that'll be hard, but I'm going to try to be strong. 🤞
Message 27 of 37

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

image.jpg

Here's another of Dad's paintings, this one hangs in my living room.

image.jpg

And this is a painting of the town up north I grew up in. An unusual one as it's not a seascape, but still uses water. Can you see the double decker bus?  

Message 28 of 37

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It will get easier Charlie...but not yet. You have many steps to go through but you will get there.

I will just share something which may help (although we all cope and deal with grief in different ways). When I lost my dad, I went to pieces. However, I was perceived as a strong woman and as such I tried to live up to other peoples expectations of me. I taught student nurses about bereavement and therefore thought I knew about it and as such I could deal with it. 

Bottom line I couldn't deal with it on my own. I was afraid to show the outside world that I couldnt cope.

Eventually (and reluctantly) I went for bereavement counselling after 18 months. The first question she asked me was 'Why are you trying to pretend you are fine? Once I realised I had to cope for ME and not others, I started to heal and felt better

Not everyone needs counselling...but I thought I would share that with you. heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 37

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

PS Your dad's painting are absolutely superb ....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 37