cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question for mods/regulars.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered elsewhere - had look but could find anything.

Is there an easier way to either log-in or stay logged-in?

My browser (firefox) does not offer to save the log-in details for any O2 sites and if I so much as close the page, I am logged out.  Everytime I come to the forum, I have to type my username and password out in full - which is a pain.  It doesn't help that I can't log in with my username - I have to input my full (and rather lengthy) email address.   I tried using a firefox add-on that autofills content but I'm wary of using third-party apps that have access to passwords and the like - very risky.

It's not exactly an earth-shattering problem - but it would be nice to have a simple solution and I'm thinking that I might be missing something obvious such as a user setting.

Cheers slight_smile

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

It does it to everyone If you are idle after a certain amount of time

Message 2 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's in the settings for the board. Leonard was looking into it for us.... nudge, nudge... slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You have to trust somebody sometime, LastPass does it for me. Smiley Very Happy

Various reviews but this doesn't look bad:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LastPass_Password_Manager

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I use last pass and ReloadEvery to stop the timing out. Both on FF and also available on Chrome and Comodo Dragon.

Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Basically what Jonsie and Perksie said. 

If you are ok with Macro's then you can do a shortcut button but to be honest it takes probably about the same time to type it. 

Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks chaps - much appreciated.

I'll have dig around regarding Last Pass - seems ideal but I like to be careful when it comes to data security.

Message 7 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You need to untick this box for it to work with O2:

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

This subject comes up time and again - its a right pain and probably the reason im not logged on more than I am,  however,,,

In a recent post one of the guys on here (forgive me I dont remember who) suggested I look at Comodo Dragon Browser as an answer or feedback on a question and I did.  Dragon will hold me signed in on the O2 web site (but not the forum) so I suppose we are partway there and I recon in time O2 will change their attitude to conform to the other 99% of web site owners.

I hadnt heard of Dragon before and recon to be reasonably savvy pc wise and since then changed several people I support over to Dragon as I am confident now if its going to work it will in Dragon ( which is a tailored version of Chrome )

Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

I'm really sorry we haven't made any progress here. Remember me functionality and a longer log in time bring some security risks with them, so it's taking longer than expected.

We're currently looking into the possibility of having a simplified login process for the community to bypass that.

Cheers,

Leonard

Message 10 of 15