Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems without solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Somthing I considered earlier. Has anyone come across a problem that needs improvement?

For example my friend saw a problem in the security of RFID cards without a solution and solved it.(patent pending)

I myself solved the issue of high transport costs associated with washing machines due to the concrete blocks(along with the inevitable back bad that comes with moving them(patent pending)

However it makes me wonder how many issues out there plague people go without a solution. Ever come across one yourselves?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Haha if only I was that intelligent grin
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 11 of 29

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:
Somthing I considered earlier. Has anyone come across a problem that needs improvement?

Yes but management still won't give me a payrise Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Message 12 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do not Liquid any ideas or he will be on the phone to the patent office in the morning. wink

Message 13 of 29

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Haha sssshhh no cut for you now steersy :P.

I quite like this new age proverbs that pengipete is coming out with maybe this thread should be more dedicated to them:)
Message 14 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is enough in this world without adding anymore.

You can take that as a answer or a new age proverb. Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Three men have lunch every Wednesday in the same pub - they always have the set meal which costs them £10 each.   One week, they have their meals and give the waitress £30 in payment but when she goes to ring it into the till, the landlord stops her and tells her to give them £5 back - as a reward for their loyalty to the pub.  The waitress does as she is told but the men realise that tey can't split the fiver three ways so they each take £1 and give the other £2 to the waitress as a tip.

Here's the thing...

Each man originally handed-over £10 - and they each received £1 back - so they actually paid £9 each.   There are three men - and three times £9 = £27.  Add the £2 that the waitress received and you have £27 + £2 - which is a total of £29...

...so what happened to the other £1?

Message 16 of 29

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Anyone struggling to work it out?:)

I love how over complicated its made by the wording:)
Message 17 of 29

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

They didn't pay £27, they only paid £25.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 18 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

The final bill may be £25 but that's not what they paid - they paid £30.

Put it another way.  If those men had gone into that pub with exactly £10 each in their pocket - they walked out with £1 each in their pocket.  Between them, they walked in with £30 and walked out with £3 - so they spent £27 - and the waitress gained £2 from the tip - which leaves £1 missing.

Message 19 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

30-5= 25 /3 =8.33r 

Plus 2 for the waitress and 1 pound each for the gentleman take you to 29.99 

Message 20 of 29