Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planet Earth 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

It's finally here...10 years after the original Planet Earth and well worth the wait. Filming technology has come a long way in the decade since the first series. It has become possible to get even closer to nature, show things in new ways, show new things. The planet itself has changed in those 10 years, too; never has it been more fragile and precious.

Narrated by the wonderful Sir David Attenborough so it could be nothing more than superb

Planet Earth II title iconic imag

The first episode was about Islands and their inhabitants.

We saw Pygmy Sloths travelling miles (slowly) and swimming across a lake.....in order to mate.

Komodo Dragons fighting to the death...again to get mating rights...

Then in typical OMG filming we saw baby marine iguana hatchlings....appearing out of the sand and making a run to meet up with the adults basking on the rocks....and suddenly being chased by dozens of Racer snakes. Some made it...others did not.

This one was lucky....

A hatchling marine iguana sits on the head of an adult at Cape Douglas, on the island of Fernandina. Marine iguanas are unique to the islands of the Galapagos. 

Breathtaking, Stunning  and well worth the watch....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02544td

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 91
90 REPLIES 90

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I've watched a lot of nature programmes here and the photography these days is amazing. Looking forward to this.

Message 2 of 91

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

You really must watch @jonsie Official trailer here for anyone who hasn't seen it. Music by Hans Zimmer

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 91

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I watched this last night. The shots were fantastic! Poor penguins though, they had a rough time getting back to the nesting area.  

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

I missed it last night ... luvved the trailer @Cleoriff = the fox jumping into the snow on the hunt is just one example, stunning isn't the word ... havn't we come a long way since we thought time-lapse photography was the tops 

I'll see if it's on the BBC iPlayer

Message 5 of 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

I missed this too, wil look to record the series now the trailer is fantastic, the camera work is amazing. Whetted my appetite.

Message 6 of 91

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Something I'll be booting up the iplayer for I think..
Looks epic.
Message 7 of 91

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

It is on iPlayer @Anonymous

I particularly love the end part where the producers and camera crew explain what lengths they go to in order to produce those stunning shots....No wonder it took 10 years between Planet Earth 1 and 2...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 91

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

By the way there are 6 episodes

1. Islands (shown last night)
  2. Mountains
  3. Jungles
  4. Deserts
  5. Grasslands
  6. Cities

So, next week we will be watching unseen footage of snow leopards I can't wait. Those of you who know my love of big cats will understand...Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 91