Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Peter Kay cancels tour

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just in case any of you have tickets to see the brilliant Peter Kay, via Priority or any other ticket outlet, he has just announced he has had to cancel all of his tours.

In a statement on Twitter, the Guiness World Record's "most successful stand-up comedian of all time" said it was with "deep regret" he was forced to cancel the shows.

"Due to unforeseen family circumstances, I deeply regret that I am having to cancel all of my upcoming work projects. This unfortunately includes my upcoming stand-up tour, Dance For Life shows and any outstanding live work commitments,"

https://news.sky.com/story/peter-kay-cancels-first-live-tour-in-eight-years-**Personal info**

No reason given but none needed in my opinion....just hope everything works out well for him very soon..heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 2 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Peter was on the Jonathon Ross show a couple of weeks ago talking about this tour and how much he loves it so something major has happened. He is one of my all time favourite comedians.

Just been on BBC News as I am typing...Refunds will be given. Those tickets sold out within minutes of going on sale.

I thought I would post as I have no doubt people will have bought tickets as Christmas gifts..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 22

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Hope heโ€™s OK.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 22

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Hope his family is also ok...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 22

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 6 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

From what I've read I think it's a family member ๐Ÿ˜

I suppose we could guess forever though I agree it points to family issues. Something that will go on long term as it's every tour date he has cancelled....

We usually see his Nan and his Mum at his concerts but I know he is married with 3 children. They have always been kept out of the eyes of the media.

One of my friends was booked to see him in London. They had booked a hotel as well.

This is not a decision Peter would have taken lightly...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

PS getting very annoyed at this forum filter which is not working as it should. Initially it was there to remove personal phone numbers or email addresses...but now it's blocking news items which have a number ncluded!!!!

Both links posted above can't be accessed and include the words *Personal Info* I will try again with a different link

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2017/dec/13/peter-kay-cancels-uk-and-ireland-tour-over-family-ci...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 22

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Type it into tinyurl.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Type it into tinyurl.

And you would expect me to know how to do that? Smiley Very Happy

Seriously though, the filter needs a revamp. People can and do post personal mobile numbers. The filter was initially designed to stop that happening...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 22