35 REPLIES 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like a good app wanty
Message 31 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
What the news stories haven't included is that the messages were actually sent via an app, the app breaks it down to 160 characters and sends them.

How do you know that if its not reported in any of the news stories?

Even the Daily Fail article which includes a photo of a screenshot of a message on the phone (which looks very like the default iPhone messaging app) states:

"Mr Joseph was able to send the messages at no expense as he is on a £37-a-month unlimited contract with 02.

The contract allows him to make as many calls or texts as he wants without paying anything extra."

Message 32 of 36

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23994 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
What the news stories haven't included is that the messages were actually sent via an app, the app breaks it down to 160 characters and sends them.

How do you know that if its not reported in any of the news stories?

Even the Daily Fail article which includes a photo of a screenshot of a message on the phone (which looks very like the default iPhone messaging app) states:

"Mr Joseph was able to send the messages at no expense as he is on a £37-a-month unlimited contract with 02.

The contract allows him to make as many calls or texts as he wants without paying anything extra."

A caption under one of the photos in the Daily Mail article says 'To send the messages, Mr Joseph simply copies the entire wording of each play using a single click on an app on his iPhone'. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 33 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Would love to know what app it is anyone know?
Message 34 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:
A caption under one of the photos in the Daily Mail article says 'To send the messages, Mr Joseph simply copies the entire wording of each play using a single click on an app on his iPhone'.

Yeah I saw that, but the iPhone messaging app is surely an app in itself? I'd expect the Daily Mail to simplify matters and suggest that he used an app rather than stating he used the native built-in messaging capability of the iPhone wink

Message 35 of 36

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23994 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

Yeah I saw that, but the iPhone messaging app is surely an app in itself? I'd expect the Daily Mail to simplify matters and suggest that he used an app rather than stating he used the native built-in messaging capability of the iPhone wink

I agree, but unfortunately all they said was 'an app'. Maybe wanty will be able to remember the name, or possibly someone else seeing this thread might know of it. Confused

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 36 of 36