cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pac code

Anonymous
Not applicable

My boyfriend is moving from giffgaff to o2 contract.He has the pac code from giffgaff,what does he need to do now?Can comeone help me please.

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
I told him about 24 hours.He is still using the old sim in his old phone and he has the new sim in his new Iphone.So as soon as the old sim cuts out,he just keeps turning the Iphone on and off with the new sim in?
Message 21 of 31

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Theoretically, yes. You say you've used the PAC code, but did you also fill in the form to swap the sims? That doesn't happen automatically.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 22 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

No the guy in store just said about getting the pac code,he didn't say anythign about filling a form out online about the sim swop?do i need to do that aswell?

Message 23 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Could i have the link please?
Message 24 of 31

Bambino
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Here's the link, http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/, but I have a feeling that you're not going to be able to do this with you and your boyfriend being in two different places and only you having access to a computer. I think the best way for him to do this would be if he could get to an O2 store, where they could do it all in store in one go.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 25 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

I might call in tomorrow to sort this out.Why have i only been told about getting the pac code and not using the 'sim swap' form in store? I mean it's confusing enough as it is and i'm getting told different things.I appreciate the help alot 😃 but i really don't know what to do.All the women said in store is to wait until the old sim goes off and then put your new sim in and the number should be transferred.

Message 26 of 31

Bambino
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Sorry, but this has become very confusing and I think I've misunderstood the situation. You don't need to do a sim swap, as you're moving from GiffGaff to O2. If the PAC has been given to O2 with the serial number of the new O2 sim, that should do it. If the number hasn't transferred to the new sim by tomorrow your boyfriend should go into an O2 shop and hopefully they will be able to straighten this out for him.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 27 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes,it is from giffgaff to o2.so i don't need to do a sim swop?if that is correct,you have given me the clearest answer so far and my mind is at rest slight_smile

Message 28 of 31

Bambino
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

If he has a PAC code from GiffGaff, and you have given that PAC code to O2 along with the serial number of the new O2 sim, that should be all you need. The new sim in the new phone should eventually activate. If it hasn't by tomorrow you should chase it up. Good luck and let us know how it all goes.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 29 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes i filled the form in last night,with the number he wants to keep,the temp number,the SIM card number and the PAC code.I haven't had a email or he hasn't had a text from them yet.And yea i will let you all know if it has worked 😃 hopefully it would of done.
Message 30 of 31