cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pac code

Anonymous
Not applicable

My boyfriend is moving from giffgaff to o2 contract.He has the pac code from giffgaff,what does he need to do now?Can comeone help me please.

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you have to swop it over asap.He has the details but not a laptop lol.So i have to do it online.
Message 11 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

No the pac code is valid for 30 days after it was given to you

Message 12 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it ok for my bf to put his new sim card in even though his number hasn't changed yet?
Message 13 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have told my bf about finding the SIM card number and that it should be a 11 digit code on the back of the sim.thats for a iphone cos it says on that link,but he can't find one.what should i do?cos he doesn't have a laptop,it's me doing it and i don't want to mess it up

Message 14 of 31

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You have me totally confused, he's joining O2 then he's going to CPW for a new contract, now you want to do a sim swap.

You also have a new sim, where did you get that?

It's very simple, you hand over the PAC to whoever you take out the contract with at the same time as ordering the contract.

I would use a CPW or O2 shop as I don't think you'll get through this without help.

They will do it all for you.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 15 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK right,my bf got a iphone from carphonewarhouse on o2,and the guy said he needs to ring  and get the pac code,so he got it off giifgaff,as he was with them and i have just filled out the form on 02 about keeping his number,cos that's what he wanted to do..does that make sense?

Message 16 of 31

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Right, now you wait until the old sim goes off, then put the new one in and after a while restart the phone with the new sim in and the number will have been transferred.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 17 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
How long do you think it takes to do?i filled the form in last night and it hasn't worked yet cos he is still using the old sim card
Message 18 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

My bf said it hasn't swapped his number over yet,how long does it usally take?

Message 19 of 31

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

It can take 24 hours. Possibly a little longer every now and then. Just keep switching the phone on and off every so often. The old card will eventually stop working and the new one will activate.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 20 of 31