Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE BEWARE!!!! O2 Email Scam

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

This was in my inbox this morning. I've deleted all the links and replaced them with x's so no one clicks on them. If I moused over the links they all start with o2.davinci-crm and I won't copy the rest for obvious reasons. Anyone else receive a mail like this? @Martin-O2 @Marjo are you aware of this?

This is an official O2 email|No pictures? 
O2

Your O2
Community account
O2 bubbles
Due to changing data regulations, we’ll soon need to delete all O2 Community online accounts that haven’t been used for 12 months or more. 

O2 Community is a useful space to share and learn tips from O2 customers. So if you’d like to ask a question on how to use a feature on your phone, or to give us some feedback on our service, any time, it’s a great place to go. 

To stay part of our O2 Community, simply sign into your account before 6 July 2018.
The European Online Dispute Resolution site xxxxxxxxx is there if you have a dispute about an online purchase from O2. See xxxxxxxxx for more. 

This email is from Telefónica UK Limited, a registered company in England and Wales. Regarding consumer credit, Telefónica UK Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Firm Reference Number: 718822

Registered office: 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX. Registered no: 1743099. Please don’t r...
xxxxxxx|xxxxxxxx
Telefonica

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122892 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@BambinoI think one other person had it. Not me but it was discussed elsewhere and we were wondering if it was being sent out to non active users to 'invite them back to the forum.'

That's obviously not the case as you are extremely active on here, so now it makes you wonder if it is a scam. I haven't had one at all  Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 29

Bambino
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions
I'm certain it's a phishing email @Cleoriff. Every single link points to the same lengthy URL if you mouse over them. A legitimate email wouldn't do that. I'd forward the original mail to admin, but I don't have an address.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 29

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for raising this @Bambino! I'll pass it on to the team now to confirm if it's an official email or not. I'll give you a shout as soon as I hear back. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 29

Bambino
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Thanks @Martin-O2. I'm certain this mail is not legit. If you have an email address I can forward it to, send me a PM so you can forward it to the team for them to see the links within the mail.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 29

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Bambino From the content it could be legitimate but you did the correct thing reporting it. Could you take a quick screen grab and PM it to me. In the mean time I've passed this on for validation. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 29

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Haven't received one either and I've had loads of emails from (legitimate) O2 posts.

Thanks for the warning, though, @Bambino I'll delete it if it does come through. You can never be too careful.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 7 of 29

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

I got the same one this morning. I suspected it was iffy but thought perhaps it was for a very old community account from when I first joined and couldn't remember the login details. The reason being, this went to an old email account that I rarely use and as far as I can remember, was never used to register for the old forum. It certainly didn't come to my registered email on here. Strange it didn't go into spam though so maybe it's genuine. I certainly wasn't go to try clicking on any of the links.

Untitled.png

Message 8 of 29

Bambino
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Martin-O2 @jonsie has posted a screen grab, but it doesn't allow the links to be moused over, which is where the scam is, I believe.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 29

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@Martin-O2 @jonsie has posted a screen grab, but it doesn't allow the links to be moused over, which is where the scam is, I believe.

Yes that's why I did the screengrab @Bambino and I do remember someone posted about this a few weeks back.

Message 10 of 29