cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Recycle

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was wondering if anyone has actually been paid out by O2 recycle?

I so wish I'd read reviews before sending them my iphone, but when a slip came from O2 themselves with my new phone I thought they must be trustworthy.

So far I've had:

10% reduction on the offer for 'cosmetic damage'

A problem with Amazon vouchers, so have sent my bank details, causing yet another reduction in the value.

Since then no money and no response to emails or phone messages.

I feel conned!

Can anyone help?

Kat

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally I don't favour these recycle businesses.

My son sent one off to a well known firm and received an e mail saying the same about cosmetic issues ,and if he didn't want to accept the reduced offer he would need to foot the return P&P costs. !

I'm sure if you contacted 02 by phone 0845 5050202 they will try to resolve this for you.

they don't profit from this and you can have the phone sent back to you free if asked for within 48 hours of the offer being given to you 

Message 2 of 10

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Agreed on this I had my iPhone 4 reduced by £120 by another company who deemed a scratched back panel as "non working" rather than "minor damage"

eBay is the way forward I believe.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is run by redeem on behalf of O2. I took my old iPhone 3GS to be recycled was given a quote of £41 but got a cheque for £36.90 but I knew that would happen because the home button had suddenly stopped working

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

You may have seen my thread on O2 Recycle.  I find Stuarts thread interesting cos he confirms a thought I had had.   After another email to O2Recycle putting a time factor on to getting a reply,  I got a response on Sunday afternoon saying they had "reviewed" the case and would send a further cheque ( I hadnt recd any cheque upto now) which would give give me the original quoted price which was fine by me.

I will keep you posted and in the meantime go to someone like CPW where its done over the counter and from my experience the cash has been cleared the same day

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You may have seen my thread on O2 Recycle.  I find Stuarts thread interesting cos he confirms a thought I had had.   After another email to O2Recycle putting a time factor on to getting a reply,  I got a response on Sunday afternoon saying they had "reviewed" the case and would send a further cheque ( I hadnt recd any cheque upto now) which would give give me the original quoted price which was fine by me.

I will keep you posted and in the meantime go to someone like CPW where its done over the counter and from my experience the cash has been cleared the same day

It takes up to 14 days before you receive the cheque

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used o2 to recycle my iPhone 4 when i upgraded to the 4s and didn't have any issues the price I was quoted was paid out a day after the received the phone.

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I used o2 to recycle my iPhone 4 when i upgraded to the 4s and didn't have any issues the price I was quoted was paid out a day after the received the phone.

same here, had a text to say they had received it & what the final payout was, next day the cheque turned up

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got the cheques from redeem (2) for the full amount. Nearly a month

Message 9 of 10

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Better late than never I guess:(

Glad it's sorted now finally:)

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 10 of 10