cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News : UK Living Wage raised & Taxpayers to receive summary detailing how takings are spent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Headline : UK Living Wage raised to £7.85 per hour.

Excerpt from the Link "The UK Living Wage - an hourly rate based on the amount needed to cover the basic costs of living - has been raised by 20p to £7.85.

The voluntary rate has been adopted by more than 1,000 employers across the country, benefiting 35,000 workers.

It is now 21% higher than the compulsory UK minimum wage, set at £6.50 by the government.

A new Living Wage rate for London, currently £8.80 an hour, will be announced later on Monday."

My thoughts :

Any raise is good but it does rest on what is extra in the persons pocket so I'll be watching if this affects me , my colleagues and family.

Source : BBC News

Read more : The UK Living Wage - an hourly rate based on the amount needed to cover the basic costs of living - ...

On a side note this is going to be an interesting letter !

Taxpayers to receive summary detailing how takings are spent

Excerpt from the Link "Millions of taxpayers will this week start to receive a breakdown of exactly how their tax has been spent by the government.

Twenty-four million people will receive their Annual Tax Summary in what the government is calling "a revolution in transparency"."

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably cost them £100m to send out the information to all the tax payers. 

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just think how much better off we would be if our taxes didn't go on families with 16 kids or foreign aid.

Message 3 of 3