cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News ; Tilt to use: Amazon's smartphone will pack gesture controls!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tilt to use: Amazon's smartphone will pack gesture controls!

"Here’s how it works. The phone has four infrared cameras on the front. These work with sensors to create 3D effects as you move it around in your hand. In other words, you’ll be able to see more information and navigate by tilting the screen instead of swiping or pressing buttons. Which should make it easier to use one-handed."

We've all seen tilt options in games for controls etc and this looks like the next logical step forward. I use something like this in the Facebook 'paper' app where when tilting my iPhone 5s the photo auto pan.

What do you think ?

Fad or useful ?

Source ; The Gadget Show
http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/gadget-show/gadget-news/tilt-to-use-amazons-smartphone-will-pack-gest...
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123084 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

The biggest news for me @Anonymous  was the fact that AMAZON is produciing a SmartphoneThinking

I was more shocked by that than the fact it TILTS...Confused

So I must having been 'lying under a rock for a few months'... (as stated in your article) LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 123084 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

And yet it would seem more logical to me that Amazon would be looking to develop another tablet device.

Yes, they have the Kindle(s)... but they have limited usage compared to other Tablets on the market

Kindles served a purpose at the time, but other tablets do far more now

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree.

I'm just hoping they don't fill it with bloat ware !
Message 5 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 123084 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I agree.

I'm just hoping they don't fill it with bloat ware !

I think that would be more than likely!...(pretty much all 'linked' to Amazon and nothing else I would imagineRolleys)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think gimmick
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Possibly so @Cleoriff

Splash Screens and Pre Set Homepage's ~ hopefully customisable wink

It's good other companies are possibly turning to releasing things like this. Inject much needed 'new blood' into the mix.

Bring it on.

wink
Message 8 of 15

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Amazon devices don't stray far from their own comfort zone and although some of the Apps available are accessible through both Play and Amazon App Store, the only advantage I can think of is the Apps on the Amazon side are vetted more before released into the public ether.

With all the thievary in the world, people need to be forced to setup security rather than have it turned off by default and this goes for the Kindle and other Google-based software. For a personal tablet that never leaves the house, it might not seem as important however as a phone I think it needs to be enforced.

I remember when all telephones were limited applications and propriety-locked to the manufacturers dedicated WAP webpage. So even if it is locked into the Amazon Eco system it is still better than what people had to use before.

In summary, no matter which system you go for, Amazon.Google or Apple you should be happy enough.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 9 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It's all good for the consumer, the more competition there is out there, the better for us all.

Message 10 of 15