cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data expensive

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have only 1 gig of data, I pay £32 a month which I think is expensive for just 1 gig of data considering I use only 20 texts a month and maybe 30/60mins talk time.
I called customer services to see if I could have a gig added on, however I refuse to pay the extortionate rate of £5 per gig while other providers charge nothing and even give unlimited data.
there was nothing they could do, they couldnt reduce my smins and texts, all they could do was add data amd charge me.

yes yes I know your gonna say that I agreed to this when I took put the contract, well I was desperate cause I had my phone stolen so more fool me.
truth is they could easily add it on as a gesture of me being a customer like vurgin did when I was with them, they added 5 gig and it cost me an extra £ 2 the month...
Fact o2 is overpriced
Fact im going elsewhere in June.

WHO OFFERS **bleep** LOW DATA IN THIS DAY AND AGE WHEN ITS ALL WE USE A BLOODY SMARTPHONE FOR!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Data is the most expensive part of what O2 offer in your allowance.

In many cases we all could do with more.

I use around 1gb a month on pay as you go go go 20 and switch to wifi when I can.

The likes of gift gaff offer unlimited data on £12 goody bags but in my own personal experience the internet speeds and drop outs outweigh the data offered. 😞

Have you looked at the 4g tariffs where more data is on offer , which can be used on 3G too so you don't need to be in a 4g city.

http://mobi.o2.co.uk/pl/svt/si/mo2couk/po/o2uk/pa/4ghome

These tips helped me.
Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149371 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Hope you are feeling much better now and maybe next time you will do your research first wink
BTW I get 8Gb for half of what you are paying from O2 so you need to check your facts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 1gb of data myself and I use about half of my allowance each month and believe me I am on the interner like all the time!

as said above either connect to WiFi where possible or check out your options before you buy slight_smile

enjoy the rest of the day!!

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got 750mb and I use it when I'm out but use wifi the rest of the time.  I've also turned off automatic updates which has saved my data - I now make sure I only do updates when I'm connected to wifi.

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
The best way to go Tracey.

As a payg customer I'd be happy to have a tariff with 2 or 3gb included ,and happily pay for it instead of using bolt on's.

Happy days.
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
They charged me £5 for 500gb so you are doing well.
Message 7 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
They charged me £5 for 500gb so you are doing well.
The prices are the same for everyone even if you did mean 500Mb! slight_smile
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll pay £5 for 500Gb !!!!!!
Message 9 of 9