cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News : First HealthKit compatible app hits the App Store.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Headline : First HealthKit compatible app hits the App Store. 

Excerpt from the Link "One of the first HealthKit compatible apps to hit the App Store is FitPort [iTunes link - $1.99], which looks like a replacement for the Health app. It provides a dashboard for your health and fitness data that is collected from the Health app such as Steps, Walking + Running Distance, Active Calories, Dietary Calories, Dietary Calories and Body Fat. You can also input your data manually, which is stored in the Health app."

My Thoughts :

I'm not yet convinced that these Apps give as good as a return on fitness as they state ,but as I always like to give Tech a chance ~ I'll have a go with them and report back. 

Has anyone used these types of apps / software and what's your opinion on them ?

Source : iPhonehacks

Read More Here : Health App Info

image.jpg

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@davethorp wrote:

The Patient Access app that my GP uses for appointments and prescriptions got an update today to tie into this. So my GP now gets a regular update of how many steps I've walked, stairs I've climbed and how far I've walked each day.

I'm sure he's thrilled

What if the patient doesn't have an iPhone?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 15

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@davethorp wrote:

The Patient Access app that my GP uses for appointments and prescriptions got an update today to tie into this. So my GP now gets a regular update of how many steps I've walked, stairs I've climbed and how far I've walked each day.

I'm sure he's thrilled

What if the patient doesn't have an iPhone?

You can still call up or walk in for appointments and prescriptions. The app isn't the only way to do it. I find it easier though

Message 12 of 15

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I do have concerns however about these apps being used by someone who may then self diagnose..or worry unnecessarily....

I think you'll be fighting a losing battle what with all the information available courtesy of Google :

https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=usslVNehF-Lb7Aaj4YDYDg#q=symptoms+of+brain+tumour

How much more complex can one get as regards symptoms ?

But just look at the websites that return results.......reckless or what ?

Apps are the least of your worries.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 13 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 124222 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@davethorp  I like that idea....the app being linked to your GP and sounding an 'alert' re your BP

Actually I don't think we are too far away from this as a system for healthcare of the future...

There is a device being used now to diagnose cervical cancer in third world countries and sending data for expert diagnosis

Its the self diagnosing I struggle with. It would make my 5 years of training obsolete wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davethorp wrote:

I can see some benefits. Not with the information I've currently got in health but there are options to put things like blood pressure readings in. I'm on medication for my blood pressure so if I were to put readings in or get a monitor that links to my phone if I'm feeling rich and they get passed on to my doctor, that would be of benefit.

It's a pity the focus is on physical health too as I have mental health issues that it would be of benefit too if there was something in health to track my mood

If you do decide to go for a BP monitor, I can recommend the Withings Blood Pressure Monitor ?

I suffer from high BP and I use that to track my mine. My phone takes the readings and when I see my GP, they just look at the history on my phone.

Message 15 of 15