cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News : BT customers suffer email failure in account migration

Anonymous
Not applicable

Headline : BT customers suffer email failure in account migration

"Tens of thousands of BT customers were left without email over the weekend, the company has said.

Users complained they could neither send nor receive messages from Friday 11 July, with "thousands" still affected on Monday afternoon.

BT said there was a problem with the transfer of customers from Yahoo to its own mail service.

Some users complained that there had been insufficient communication from the company."

Source : BBC News.
Read more here : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-28294640

image.jpg

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124225 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Well...that's ALL I need...an explanation AFTER the event..when it has been happening for weeks and still is Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ditto.

😞
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Headline : BT customers suffer email failure in account migration

"Tens of thousands of BT customers were left without email over the weekend, the company has said.

Users complained they could neither send nor receive messages from Friday 11 July, with "thousands" still affected on Monday afternoon.

BT said there was a problem with the transfer of customers from Yahoo to its own mail service.

Some users complained that there had been insufficient communication from the company."

Many thanks for bringing this situation to attention @Anonymous I think BT may well have gone to the O2 School of Customer Service!   I have been waiting well over a year to be "migrated" to the new BT Mail system and the longer it takes the more wrrying are the horror stories I am hearing about the consequences of the move.

Gerry

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

The situation with myself is I'm hoping my migration from Yahoo to BtMail is close, due to the issues of delayed e mails from here to me. 😞

Fingers crossed. slight_smile
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi @Anonymous

The situation with myself is I'm hoping my migration from Yahoo to BtMail is close,

Well don't rely on it @Anonymous I was told in March that BT were down to the last few accounts and these would be completed within weeks.   Yeah right!  But if you do go through the change (what an unfortunate expression!!!)  I'd be very interested indeed to hear how it went, and how you like the new BT Mail.

Gerry the Nimble 

(PS is a Nimble some sort of mythical Norse creature?")

Message 6 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 124225 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

I don't think BT likes Lithium/ Community forum:smileywink:

The email situation is a nightmare from here alone. One day it all works perfectly with this forum and emails come in on time. The next day nothing...till either 12.44 or 15.44...

I have no problems with emails from any other sites...just this one

(hence my rationale that BT doesnt like lithium:smileywink:)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

I don't think BT likes Lithium/ Community forum:smileywink:

The email situation is a nightmare from here alone. One day it all works perfectly with this forum and emails come in on time. The next day nothing...till either 12.44 or 15.44...

I have no problems with emails from any other sites...just this one

(hence my rationale that BT doesnt like lithium:smileywink:)

@Cleoriff   All I can say to that is that BT use Lithium to power the BT Community Forum  - that is not to say they like it of course. 

But whilst we are on the subject are we supposed to tick the "Email me when someone replies" box every time we send a message if we want to be notified.   I rarely tick it but I do seem to get notifications anyway. 

Gerry

Message 8 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 124225 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Yes @Anonymous  that box is ticked.

As I say it works perfectly some days...and others they all rush at once as a major backlog...

For instance I have had 14 emails come in at 20.44 They were all actually posted this morning between 9-1pm

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Cleoriff 

Don't know what model of phone you have but have you checked the sync settings for your email account(s) lately?  I have set all mine to manual which means I only get my emails when  I ask for them rather than having them arrive at inconvenient moments.  (I work on the principle that anyone who needs to contact me in a hurry will either ring or text rather than email.) 

Gerry

Message 10 of 13