cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News : BT customers suffer email failure in account migration

Anonymous
Not applicable

Headline : BT customers suffer email failure in account migration

"Tens of thousands of BT customers were left without email over the weekend, the company has said.

Users complained they could neither send nor receive messages from Friday 11 July, with "thousands" still affected on Monday afternoon.

BT said there was a problem with the transfer of customers from Yahoo to its own mail service.

Some users complained that there had been insufficient communication from the company."

Source : BBC News.
Read more here : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-28294640

image.jpg

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
  • 124271 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7514 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @Cleoriff 

Don't know what model of phone you have but have you checked the sync settings for your email account(s) lately?  I have set all mine to manual which means I only get my emails when  I ask for them rather than having them arrive at inconvenient moments.  (I work on the principle that anyone who needs to contact me in a hurry will either ring or text rather than email.) 

Gerry

Hi @Anonymous Nothing to do with my phone as I rarely use that for accessing forum.

This is on my PC and laptop....

On the rare occasions I DO check emails on my S3, its the same as my PC...

As I say I have no problem getting emails in from any other site I access...only this forum

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous I've spoken to Toby about this situation both Cleoriff and myself are experiencing ,and the team are looking into it.

Fingers crossed. slight_smile
Message 12 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 124271 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7514 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous I've spoken to Toby about this situation both Cleoriff and myself are experiencing ,and the team are looking into it.

Fingers crossed. slight_smile

And so say all of us BoB wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 13