Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Three-Tier System

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25119 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Steve Bell on the UK's three-tiered Covid restrictions — cartoon | Opinion  | The Guardian

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Let's go mad. Have an egg and sausage sarnie....

Sausage Sandwich High Resolution Stock Photography and Images - Alamy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 16

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25119 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You couldn`t make this up [part 2]

In October, Eustice's cabinet colleague, Communities Secretary Robert Jenrick, said a pasty on its own doesn't count as a 'substantial meal' unless it is served with chips or salad. 

Pressed on whether the rules permit pints being served alongside sausage rolls, pork pies, or a ploughman's lunch, he said: 'I'm obviously not going to get into the detail of every possible meal.

'But we've been clear: bar snacks do not count as a substantial meal but it's well established practice in the hospitality industry what does.'

Wondering why scotch eggs make a meal? Here`s why...

George Eustice's family farm - Trevaskis Farm near Camborne, Cornwall - is well-known for its scotch eggs and has a farm shop, restaurant and butchers. It also grows its own crops, fruit and vegetable

Mr Eustice's family had farmed in West Cornwall for six generations.  

source: Daily Mail Online - see here 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 12 of 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo 

I did read that some clever clogs has claimed a Scotch Egg is classed as a substantial meal.

The same sort of stupidity is happening in Wales where you are allowed a meal, but no beer to go with it.

I am beginning to wonder whether those in power are suffering with Tieritis, which can prove fatal!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
A pasty not substantial? Now they’re taking the *bleep*. Have they seen the monsters they serve round here, and Cornwall?
The mining community (what’s left of it) still love their grub, and the pasty is a staple.. and I don’t mean that **** you get from Greggs and other such grim establishments.
Message 14 of 16

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
A pasty not substantial? Now they’re taking the *bleep*. Have they seen the monsters they serve round here, and Cornwall?
The mining community (what’s left of it) still love their grub, and the pasty is a staple.. and I don’t mean that **** you get from Greggs and other such grim establishments.

Anyone who has had a Warren's Bakery Large Cornish pasty will know it's very much a substantial meal.

A news reader apparently yesterday asked Matt Hancock if a wet pub (one that doesn't normally serve food) can allow their customers to order a takeaway and have it delivered to the pub for consumption. If the pub allow it, put the necessary measures in place to dispose of waste and ask their customers to bring their own cutlery, then why not?  In most cases it's either that or close for good, which is what is goign to happen up and down the country.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/13358926/kay-burley-matt-hancock-blunders-takeaway-wet-pubs/

Thanks

Steve
Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

You know you’re **** when you’re being lectured to by that odious creature.

Message 16 of 16