cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Job

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I just have been accepted for a part time position in a retail store!!!! I'm super excited to start my new job!!

Does anyone have any tips and advice on what I should expect on my first day???

I  haven't been given my uniiform yet - any advice on what is suitable to wear? Not too dressy? Not too casual?

Anyone been on training in Slough? How did it go? Anything I should be made aware of or any advice?

Thank you

Regards

Lx

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and Welcome to the O2 Community Forum.

We are all O2 Mobile Network Customers here to help other customers with questions and issues with Network questions and mobile phone questions.

However to answer your question anyway ~ I would have thought your first day would be an induction day to be shown where the fire points are and facilities followed by signing up all their Health and Safety paperwork ,followed by an introduction to your new colleagues.

Dress smart casual ~ No jeans or trainers.

Hope your first day goes well.
Message 2 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Congratulations on your new job.
A tip I was told many years ago by one of my bosses....
"you can't listen with your mount open" slight_smile
What he meant was, shut up, listen to what you are told, take it all in and only ask questions if you're not clear about something after it's been fully explained to you slight_smile
AS I'm sure you are aware, 100% customer satisfaction should be your top priority !! wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

You are in for a busy first month too.

Be prepared for distraught Apple customers queueing for the latest iphones and heavy footfall in the store with all the big guns releasing their flagship models over the coming weeks.

Exciting times for you.:smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck with your new job.

Hopefully you will continue to use the o2 Community and let us know of any inside information and fixes which perhaps the stores know about before us techies.

😉

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi Lx

be polite & professional at all times in retail when you are 'behind the counter'

if you don't know an answer to a potential customer's question, don't be afraid to say so & then go & find out, but don't leave the customer stranded, tell him what you are going to do, then you can come back to your customer with the right answer ..... = ..... no-one likes being given wrong information or waffle ..... do this correct 1st time with your customer then he will come back again to the store & may possibly look out for you to serve him another time slight_smile

Message 6 of 12

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Welcome to the community LouisiaJx,

I'm Toby, the O2 Community coordinator. Feel free to send me a message and we can have a chat slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 12

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
Congratulations on your job.
Good luck with your first day.
Although you should look your best, don't try too hard and you'll end up feeling extra nervous. Be confident. A bit of research before your first day won't harm either.
Message 8 of 12

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Congratulations Lx on your new job.

Don't be overly keen to impress but be attentive and listen to advice from above.

Try and relax and enjoy what you do, and come back and tell us how it all went.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous Congratulations on your job! And welcome to the community slight_smile I'm sure you will have useful information to share with us.
Good luck with your first day!

Message 10 of 12