Did you mean: 

Movies in November

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone,

It's another month with another great batch of movie releases! In last months thread we discussed a variety of films and I managed to catch Halloween at the cinema. I thought it was a fantastic sequel to the original film and I'd highly recommend it for any horror fans out there! smiling

November wise I'm looking forward to Overlord which revisits the zombie theme in a world war 2 setting. 

I'm also interested in checking out Creed II a sequel to the 2015 reworking of the Rocky franchise. 

I'll be keeping an eye out for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald and The Girl in the Spider's Web both of which look great from the trailers. 

So, what about you guys? What are you hoping to see this month and do you have any recommendations for the rest of us? cool

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 16.56.51.png

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@ComaChameleon

Enjoy enjoy enjoy.....I am so looking forward to it.....Let us know what you think?

I loved the first one.....

So... Now that I've seen it...

Epic pics. Very, very dark. Some surprises (Dumbledore - Grindelwald; Nagini). Thin story (sadly). And very bad (& sad) cliffhangers nobody would've thought of. 

Looking forward to part 3 (and hope the story will become better). 

Short version ^^

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 21 of 60

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@ComaChameleon

Well that makes me all the more keen to watch it.....innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 60

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@ComaChameleon

Well that makes me all the more keen to watch it.....innocent

And me. It looks good from what I've seen.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 23 of 60

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Glory1 @Cleoriff

The dark atmosphere... Epic. 

I'm very interested in how Nagini ends up with Voldemort... There are so many questions left now... 

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 24 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Glory1 wrote:

I've read the Millenium trilogy and own the 3 films, Swedish versions, which I prefer as they're more in keeping with the books. 

That’s one of my reservations with this latest reboot, as it’s not based on any of the novels written by the original author Stieg Larsson (who died in 2004). The film is getting mixed reviews, but I’ll make my own mind up, when I see it this week. 

Message 25 of 60

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Oh without a doubt, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald...

And whilst I was not quick enough to get a pair of tickets to the premiere of Ralph Wrecks The Internet in London today, courtesy of an O2 Social Media promotion, I will get to see it for free on 02-Dec, courtesy of my work's Sports and Recreation Club wink

And I must go see Bohemian Rhapsody on the big screen, #2 daughter saw it last week and insists I go see it wink

Message 26 of 60

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@pgnsadly I'm no longer up for going to the cinema, so I will have to wait for Bohemian Rhapsody to come out on DVD.

Annoying really, as a lifelong fan of Queen I have heard superb reviews about it.

Rami Malek who plays Freddie, says he was frightened to death, particularly as the first scene he flimed was of their magnificent perfomance at Band Aid Wembley!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 60

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Same here @Cleoriff, I am eagerly awaiting it's release on blu-ray. Rami Malek was afraid he wouldn't do Freddy justice. According to reports he has. And, apparently, he did some of the singing too. Interesting to hear how he sounds in comparison to the real voice of Freddy.

Message 28 of 60

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Re the singing @Glory1....like you, I understood Rami Malek would sing some of the songs.

According to this article he didn't?

Freddie Mercury is played by Rami Malek, but he knows there's no way he could ever replicate Mercury’s singing voice. The solution was to take recordings from Queen master tapes, with additional vocals recorded by Canadian singer Marc Martel. Producer Graham King told Rolling Stone in an interview, “Literally, you could close your eyes and it’s Freddie, and that’s a very tough thing to do.”

https://wzlx.iheart.com/featured/chuck-nowlin/content/20**Personal info**-who-will-sing-the-queen-so...

Meanwhile if you have 16 minutes to spare, here's a lovely video of clips and trailers

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 60

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Ah, interesting what's said about the singing @Cleoriff in the article you posted. I'm only going by what Rami Malek said himself when asked by Ellen Degeneres, on her show, if it was true he did some of the singing. He said yes, it was a combination of him singing and Freddy's actual voice. So, did he lie on national television? Stupid of him, if he did.

Message 30 of 60