Did you mean: 

Movies in March 2020

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Before we get started with this months movie discussion did anyone catch one of the films we talked about in last months thread?

Due to the current advice to avoid large crowds I'm sure most of you will be staying away from the cinema this month so I thought we'd do something a little different this time and just recommend movies available on streaming services which can be watched at home. cool

I'm going to focus on Netflix as I think that most people have that but if you have a recommendation from any other streaming service let us know in the comments. wink

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 11.52.34.png

A Quiet Place is a film I watched just this week and follows a family trying to survive in a world devastated by monsters that violently attack anything that makes a sound. 

Next up is a brilliant sc fi film, Ex_Machina. A tech billionaire has potentially developed artificial intelligence and invites one of his programmers to a secluded research station to test the AI's abilities. 

Cargo is a slow burn zombie story about a desperate farther who's been infected trying to find a safe place for his young daughter before he falls victim to the zombie virus.  

Not seen this one yet but I'm planning on watching The Theory of Everything this week. The film charts the life of the famous disabled astrophysicist, Stephen Hawking. 

The Revenant is a survival drama about betrayal and revenge set in 1800's America. A classic and well worth a watch. 

If you like your sci fi on the strange side then Annihilation is the movie for you! A bubble of changing reality is slowly expanding across the US and a team of scientists are sen't in to investigate. 

When a failed writer discovers a drug which allows him to learn and process information at super human speeds he discovers what his mind is really capable of! Limitless is a fun movie which keeps you guessing until the end! 

Wonder Woman is one of the best DC movies to date and works well as an origin story for the titular character. 

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle is a remake of the classic Robin Williams film of the same name. Updated for the modern age, this time the characters are stuck in a life like video game and have to battle a mysterious weirdo to save Jumanji and return home. 

That's just a tiny selection of recommendations of films to stream while we're all stuck at home. Let me know what films you'll be watching to keep yourselves entertained! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Nowt wrong with a good zombie film. Sometimes even better with a bad one!
Not seen the film, just the trailer @Martin-O2 but agree does look very good. It is getting good reviews as well.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Martin-O2 

The Outsider is on Sky Atlantic and Amazon Prime (though it will cost you to watch) Don't get confused with another Outsider which IS on Netflix. This is the one to watch (by Stephen King) https://www.hbo.com/the-outsider 

Safe and The Stranger are on Netflix.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 13

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Agreed @gmarkj even the cheesy ones have a certain charm to them!

A friend of mine saw The Invisible Man and recommended it. Might have to wait for the home release given the current circumstances. 

@Cleoriff OK thanks! I have Prime too so I'll check it out. slight_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 13 of 13