cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love Movies? Want to win an exclusive 007 Sony Xperia T?

Anonymous
Not applicable

We all love to watch movies, don’t we? Some are boring, some are entertaining and some leave a thumbprint forever which becomes our favourite.

We’ve got a special review opportunity on the community that can win you an exclusive 007 Sony Xperia T, excited? All you have to do is, review any film of your choice in a short paragraph and we’ll pick the best one by this weekend.

Here are the rules:

• There is no limit on how many reviews you can post

• And please, NO spoilers!

• Closing date for entries is Sunday 23th December at 11:59pm

• Our usual competition terms apply, which you can find here

• Short paragraphs only, lets keep it short and sweet

Thank you!

NOTE: This competition is not associated with the twitter competition that was closed yesterday, 16th Dec.

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think anyone will review "Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Alien, Flesh Eating, Hellbound, Zombified Living Dead Part 2: In Shocking 2-D"?  wink

(PS - that's a genuine film title - http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0230575/ )

Message 11 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe lol
Message 12 of 40

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hello gang, long time no see!

Just so everyone has a fair chance to participate and win this competition, we've extended the closing dates on the community till this weekend (23rd Dec 11:59pm). So, get cracking as we'd love to hear your movie reviews (Action, Comedy, Sci-Fi or even a Classic... all are welcome!)

Cheers

Abs

Message 13 of 40

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

As far as I can tell yes it's the Twitter one, if so you must keep it to 140 characters.

There are a couple on Twitter so you can get the idea.

Here's one just to give an idea:

The Hobbit: Not too long, beautifully shot, great acting. Nice set pieces with soaring music to complete Tolkiens vision.

Just a clarification, this competition is not associated with the twitter one (which ended yesterday), although we have the same 'review a movie' mechanics but this one is purely for community members as we have a separate Sony Xperia T to give away. Hope that's helpful wink

Abs

Message 14 of 40

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Thanks Abs, for clearing that up.

The winner on Twitter was this:

#O2MovieReviewWinner Life of Pi outstanding direction, emotional rollercoaster, with sun, sea, survival, laughs, tears, plus a real tiger

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 15 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

That was short & sweet

Message 16 of 40

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

Since I hate my iPhone 5 now I shall make an effort:D

This means war

A great movie with a novel use of the spy genre, full of action, romance and a happy ending. Should keep both genders entertained:)

Total recall (remake)

While this was heralded as a remake it shines of its own accord. Fresh CGI and cinematography bring this classic boys movie into the 21st century.

Lockout

Simply put amazing! My favourite action flick of this year I guarentee it will be yours as well. A new prison has been built, this one dwells in orbit around earth. Great action scenes and some wonderful comedy bring this movie to the top of my list. Guy Pearce and maggie grace on screen chemistry is simply outstanding. They really seem the part. A prison break, explosions, romance, comedy, horror(not that scary) and a token physcopath(what else could you ask for?)makes this movie my greatest reccomendation of 2012.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 17 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Warriors 1979

A true 70's cult classic that has stood the test of time, Love, violence and the funk of the era brings Greek History, 70's swagger and a look into the future of gangland New York City. 

The Coney Island Warriors have to fight for there lives back from the Bronx with every Gang in New York City baying for blood. 

I dare you to watch it and not want to say the famous lines......

'Warriors come out to play- I- ay'

Or
'Suckers, Can you dig it?

Message 18 of 40

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

One of my all time favourite films is "The Devils Advocate" (1997).

It is based on a book written by Andrew Neiderman. The film stars Keanu Reeves, Al Pacino and Charlize Theron.

Reeves plays a hot shot lawyer who joins a New York firm to better his career but gets more than he bargained for when he realises his new boss is somewhat  "different".

Reeves' wife, played by Charlize Theron gets a very rough deal and religious balance is attempted by Reeves' mother (Judith Ivey) who is the only person to initially catch on to Pacino's real identity.

If you are into tense thrillers and horror mixed with emotional torture this one is definitely for you....

Rated R.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 19 of 40

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

That was short & sweet

140 characters only on Twitter. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 20 of 40