Did you mean: 

Loki discussion thread

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Another great day for Marvel fans with Loki hitting Disney+ today! The show follows everyone's favourite MCU villain, Loki who following the events of End Game finds himself at the mercy of the mysterious Time Variance Authority (TVA), a bureaucratic organization that exists outside of time and space and monitors the timeline. They want Loki's help to help fix the timeline he was responsible for breaking. 

I'll be watching the first episode later tonight and will share my thoughts on it tomorrow. Don't forget to use spoiler tags when discussing any plot details to avoid spoilers for those who are not watching as they come out. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@pgn noted ! wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 21 of 25

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Having watched ep4 just one thought:
So many twists!!

Edit: second thought - watch ALL the way to the end...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 22 of 25

gmarkj
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Managed to cram ep5 into my lunch break - couldn't wait!!!

Spoiler free thoughts of this episode and the series so far...

It's very different from both WandaVision and The Falcon and Winter Soldier series.

The special effects are what you would expect from a Marvel film - excellent and stunning.

Really interested to see how the next episode ends and thus sets up another part of the Marvel universe.

More info
Seeing Richard E Grant playing an alternative version of Loki was brill.
An alligator version of Loki? I mean, really?!?
Shocked that they didn't try creating a nexus event but instead went for the cloud monster option. Memories of Lost anyone?
Was rather amusing seeing everyone turn on the other Tom Hiddleston version of Loki. As if he wouldn't have expected that!!
Will Loki or Sylvie survive the next episode and be involved further or are they setting someone/something else to emerge?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 23 of 25

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

IMG_20210703_185939.jpgLoki:-), sound support dog via Hearing Dogs. Now I know who he is named after. 🙂  

Message 24 of 25

gmarkj
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Bah, second time of posting - obviously took too long the first time!!

Couldn't help myself and have watched the last episode this morning.

Overall I really liked this. Very different in style and substance from WandaVision and Falcon and Winter Soldier.

Will be very interested to see how it ties into the next round of films - Spiderman, Dr Strange, Thor and Ant Man.

More info
Was not sold on the reveal of the "big bad" at the end. While I get the reference/resemblance to Kang the Conqueror and what that could mean it does seem like it finished rather easily...
Loki getting sent back to the TVA but Mobius not recognising him seemed ominous. Has he been sent back to a time before Mobius was sent to prune Loki, or is he in an alternative time line, or something else entirely?
I also saw the stamp on Loki's file in the credits confirming series 2 - woo!!

Message 25 of 25