Did you mean: 

Loki discussion thread

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Another great day for Marvel fans with Loki hitting Disney+ today! The show follows everyone's favourite MCU villain, Loki who following the events of End Game finds himself at the mercy of the mysterious Time Variance Authority (TVA), a bureaucratic organization that exists outside of time and space and monitors the timeline. They want Loki's help to help fix the timeline he was responsible for breaking. 

I'll be watching the first episode later tonight and will share my thoughts on it tomorrow. Don't forget to use spoiler tags when discussing any plot details to avoid spoilers for those who are not watching as they come out. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Let us know what you think once you've seen the first episode @pgn wink 

It looks great from the trailer @sheepdog and I enjoyed the first ep! More in my spoiler tag for once you've seen it. slight_smile

More info
It was a great setup for the show. I really liked what they did with the TVA and I'm not convinced that they are going to be the good guys in this series. Tom Hiddleston as Loki was great as always and it's really interesting that they've taken him back to before all his character development post Avengers. Overall I loved the first ep and I'm really looking forward to the rest of the show. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 11 of 25

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Have to say, it was better than I expected so will watch again as it unfolds (once the football is out of the way). Loving the retro-60's future tech!

Message 12 of 25

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35779 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

I'll be re-watching the 2 episodes back to back, a week between them is just long enough to be self-defeating. Also love the lights and the settings, similarities to "Tales From The Loop" on Amazon - another gripping series.

Tales-from-the-Loopb199e99e529ed789.jpg

Message 13 of 25

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Tales from the Loop sounds good @pgn (Just checked on Wiki)

I will put that on my watch list. thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Not too sure I fancy it having read the reviews last year....

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/mar/28/tales-from-the-loop-a-beautiful-nostalgic-serie...

Tales from the Loop: a beautiful, nostalgic series in which nothing happens

On paper, this retro sci-fi set in an eerie town should be like crack. Shame they forgot to include any plot

Tales from the Loop.
Raze the roof ... Tales from the Loop.

“Maybe it is my brain,” I thought, 20 minutes into episode one of Tales from the Loop (from Friday, Amazon Prime Video), a point at which absolutely nothing had happened. “Maybe my brain is ruined from years of endorphin-rush Instagram notifications and YouTube videos, or whatever, and maybe I am the problem, and I can’t focus on something slow-moving any more. Hey: maybe I’m just thick.” Then 20 more minutes passed without anything happening. There were 20 more minutes to go. Nothing happened. I tried another episode. Long story short: my brain is not the problem.
Message 15 of 25

pgn
  • 35779 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

I thought the same, initially, @jonsie - but it then dawned on me after the third episode that the tales were interlinked - some of what happens before comes into effect later on, and makes it a compelling watch. Probably 2 episodes, maybe three, are not very uplifting - but that do add to understanding in later ones.

I enjoyed it - taken in by the setting (similar to the colours and atmosphere of some of the Wallander series, which got darker and darker towards the end!) the mini stories, the music and the Loop itself.

Message 16 of 25

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

So watched the 2nd episode.

Still enjoying this - very different feel to WandaVision and Falcon & The Winter Soldier.

Will put some more thoughts in a spoiler tag...

More info
Enjoyed the theory test with Loki and Mobious visiting Pompeii.
Was a little surprised at how easily Loki was thrown about in the supermarket - thought "Asgardians" were made of hardier stuff than humans?
We got to see how the stolen time grenades were used to disrupt the sacred timeline but we don't know to what end.
Is that Lady Loki or someone else our hero runs off with?

Looking forward to episode 3 on Wednesday!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 17 of 25

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I've got Tales From The Loop on my watch list @pgn. Planning on watching it soon so I'll let you know what I think! 

I've now caught up with the first 3 episodes of Loki, spoiler thoughts below for those who have seen up to ep 3. Overall I'm really enjoying the show! I'm really enjoying the tone of the show and the weird 60's vibe of the TVA headquarters. 

More info

Episode 2 was great fun. It was good to get to see more of how the TVA operates and I really liked the concept of hiding in apocalypse's! You have to not think to hard about time travel stuff or it loses meaning but I thought this was a clever idea. Seeing the timeline get bombed was awesome and I'm excited for the craziness that's going to cause in later episodes.   

Episode 3 was the weakest so far for me, mainly because it just focused on the 2 Loki's and didn't do much to further the wider story. That said the visuals were awesome and there was some great character development for both Loki's. 

signature

Message 18 of 25

pgn
  • 35779 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions
Haven't seen episode 3 yet - maybe this evening, or Saturday. I've yet to figure out what the 60s vibe - moon landings, perhaps? Or Cuban crisis. Or the Kennedy assassinations. Hmm.
Message 19 of 25

pgn
  • 35779 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions
Message 20 of 25