cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

King Richard III

Anonymous
Not applicable

he did not have a 'hunched back' = he had what the fast runner Eusain Bolt has ie unequal (not horizontally in line) shoulders

his body was found 'scrunched up' because the hole dug for him was too small for his body

no-one will ever know what happend to 'the 2 princes in the tower' but it is likely a powerful 'baron' or family had 'dirty hands'

Westminster Abbey said there is no room for the remains of King Richard III ..... York Minster wanted his remains as he was something big to do with York (sorry but it just escapes me atm) ..... Leicester Cathedral wanted him as his remains were found under one of the 'R's' in the Car Park of local administration offices, he fell fighting at the battle of Bosworth = the last Plantaganet King of England

imho Kings & Queens of England are laid to rest in our capital city of London at Westminster Abbey & that's where he should have been laid to rest ..... shame on you the 'powers-that-be' = you just didn't want him

& of course as my astute mum says they (York & Leicester) want him for the tourists' cash - my mum who left school at 14 to be a live-in scullery maid & educated herself after me & my sister left home ..... my mum & dad have always been big fans of King Richard III ..... me & my mum went to see the Shakespeare play at Bradford Alhambra Theatre starring Robert Lindsay ..... my mum & dad saw Sir Ian Mcellern in the starring role at Leeds Grand Theatre

all from my memory ..... obviously, you tech people can look it all up on the web slight_smile

what do you think?

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7228 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
@perksie will check it out thanks slight_smile
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 31 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

King Richard III didn'r have a withered arm either ..... it's just that his sword arm became overlarge due to having to wield such a heavy object

thinking about the throwing of His naked body over a horse to parade him in front ot 'the peasants' ..... that would have been actively encouraged for the populance / rabble to enjoy themselves sticking whatever up his jacksi because the corrupt Lords / Dukes etc who didn't back him properly at the Battle of Bosworth  - would have blamed everything on King Richard III for 'the peasants who are always revolting' needed some satisfaction of blaming all their ills on the king ..... they would have been plenty of swilling ale / wenching that night ..... we'd call it dancing in the street nowadays slight_smile

Message 32 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

According to Leicester University there were many myths surrounding Richard III

http://www.le.ac.uk/richardiii/history/myths.html

The fact was...and history shows ....he was an evil man who, by fair means or foul became King of England  The two princes, Edward and Richard were never seen again. Edward was the rightful heir until an Act of Parliament conveniently decreed that his parents marriage was illegal.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 33