cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

King Richard III

Anonymous
Not applicable

he did not have a 'hunched back' = he had what the fast runner Eusain Bolt has ie unequal (not horizontally in line) shoulders

his body was found 'scrunched up' because the hole dug for him was too small for his body

no-one will ever know what happend to 'the 2 princes in the tower' but it is likely a powerful 'baron' or family had 'dirty hands'

Westminster Abbey said there is no room for the remains of King Richard III ..... York Minster wanted his remains as he was something big to do with York (sorry but it just escapes me atm) ..... Leicester Cathedral wanted him as his remains were found under one of the 'R's' in the Car Park of local administration offices, he fell fighting at the battle of Bosworth = the last Plantaganet King of England

imho Kings & Queens of England are laid to rest in our capital city of London at Westminster Abbey & that's where he should have been laid to rest ..... shame on you the 'powers-that-be' = you just didn't want him

& of course as my astute mum says they (York & Leicester) want him for the tourists' cash - my mum who left school at 14 to be a live-in scullery maid & educated herself after me & my sister left home ..... my mum & dad have always been big fans of King Richard III ..... me & my mum went to see the Shakespeare play at Bradford Alhambra Theatre starring Robert Lindsay ..... my mum & dad saw Sir Ian Mcellern in the starring role at Leeds Grand Theatre

all from my memory ..... obviously, you tech people can look it all up on the web slight_smile

what do you think?

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anticpated wrote:

Being an innovative guy he created Apple Care. 

spit-take / falls off chair LOL

Message 11 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
I saw that Robert lindsey play in Nottingham about 20 years ago and he played it over the top for laughs and it showed the cunning behind his plots. I also saw Kevin spacy do it a few years ago and that was semi serious but very good as well.
Whilst I'm name dropping I saw Ian McKellen in waiting for godot with Patrick Stewart and that awesome even though half of it was lost on me! Lol
Message 12 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I saw that Robert lindsey play in Nottingham about 20 years ago and he played it over the top for laughs and it showed the cunning behind his plots. I also saw Kevin spacy do it a few years ago and that was semi serious but very good as well.
Whilst I'm name dropping I saw Ian McKellen in waiting for godot with Patrick Stewart and that awesome even though half of it was lost on me! Lol

thank you @Anonymous interesting - I'd have liked to have seen the Waiting for Godot with Patrick Stewart in - I've always liked him as an actor right from when he was on Star Trek the next generation - but the play would very probably 'have got away from me' slight_smile

Message 13 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

To be honest @Anonymous  as I am very much a royalist I admit to feeling peeved initially that his funeral service was so low key. I thought  why is he not being buried in Westminster Abbey....why is that coffin so plain...  where is all the pomp and ceremony??......etc etc....

And then I remembered what he was like and thought ...Pfffttttt.... LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think @WhispaRed7 anyone would have liked it but I think as I find with the Bard you have to just run with it and get the gist of the plays.
Do you see any theatre by the way? My last one was the panto lol
Message 15 of 33

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

I find it extraordinary that a man who was king for only two years and was the last of the Plantagenets, died by his own poor battle strategy and personal stupidity (bravery?) is remembered and mentioned on a daily basis more than any other dead or living king or queen. I wonder when Richard the Third will appear in the Oxford English Dictionary.....?

Message 16 of 33

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I wonder when Richard the Third will appear in the Oxford English Dictionary.....?

I thought it did @jonsie , remember that sketch "I was walking down the road and on the pavement was a small brown Richard the Third............!"

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 17 of 33

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I wonder when Richard the Third will appear in the Oxford English Dictionary.....?

I thought it did @jonsie , remember that sketch "I was walking down the road and on the pavement was a small brown Richard the Third............!"

LOLLOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 33

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Oh no !......not another double act !!

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 19 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

Oh no !......not another double act !!

I would just say 'normal service has been resumed'.... Its the Perksie and Jonsie show wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 33