cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

King Richard III

Anonymous
Not applicable

he did not have a 'hunched back' = he had what the fast runner Eusain Bolt has ie unequal (not horizontally in line) shoulders

his body was found 'scrunched up' because the hole dug for him was too small for his body

no-one will ever know what happend to 'the 2 princes in the tower' but it is likely a powerful 'baron' or family had 'dirty hands'

Westminster Abbey said there is no room for the remains of King Richard III ..... York Minster wanted his remains as he was something big to do with York (sorry but it just escapes me atm) ..... Leicester Cathedral wanted him as his remains were found under one of the 'R's' in the Car Park of local administration offices, he fell fighting at the battle of Bosworth = the last Plantaganet King of England

imho Kings & Queens of England are laid to rest in our capital city of London at Westminster Abbey & that's where he should have been laid to rest ..... shame on you the 'powers-that-be' = you just didn't want him

& of course as my astute mum says they (York & Leicester) want him for the tourists' cash - my mum who left school at 14 to be a live-in scullery maid & educated herself after me & my sister left home ..... my mum & dad have always been big fans of King Richard III ..... me & my mum went to see the Shakespeare play at Bradford Alhambra Theatre starring Robert Lindsay ..... my mum & dad saw Sir Ian Mcellern in the starring role at Leeds Grand Theatre

all from my memory ..... obviously, you tech people can look it all up on the web slight_smile

what do you think?

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I remember the sketch now you mention it @perksie LOL

The incredible Ronnie Barker. Smiley LOL  

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 22 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Brilliant @perksie  so great to watch it again...Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 33

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

He's on Radio 4 Extra most days in The Navy Lark where he never got a mention until the end of the show.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 25 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@perksie wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

eye-wateringly funny & very clever ..... allus liked this Ronnie the best ..... & this sketch of a small brown Richard the Third & the punchline at the end of the running gag = well I'm speechless, but smiling - thank you @perksie Bouncy

Message 26 of 33

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

He wrote many of the Two Ronnies sketches in the later years as Gerald Wiley, not many people know that...........

I knew Ronnie Corbett from the Danny La Rue Club in London where he did his own material and was very good, long before The Two Ronnies started.

Message 27 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Do you see any theatre by the way? My last one was the panto lol

I'd love to go to the theatre much more - there is a Little Theatre in Skipton, I've been & seen some good productions, but it's a bit too claustrophobic for me now

Bradford Alhambra with Les Mis was just fantastic = went with my mum & a mutual friend for the Saturday matinee - it was the London Touring Company which did it

to me going to the theatre is the epitome of a great night out, with dinner of course, it's a sharing experience & not cheap - I would like to go to such as An Evening with Brendon Cole, one of the original professional dancers off BBC Strictly Come Dancing = he was on at Leeds Grand theatre recently slight_smile

the King Richard III production I saw at the Bradford Alhambra had no scenery, a great pointed out front flat stage with large chains at the 2 sides & back of the stage, these vertical, heavy chains came crashing down with a great noise right at the end of the play Astounded

Message 28 of 33

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 6975 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
@perksie thanks for posting video very funny slight_smile allways liked the two ronnies
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 29 of 33

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@blissgirl wrote:
@perksie thanks for posting video very funny slight_smile allways liked the two ronnies

Hi @blissgirl have you checked out: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/Funny-pictures-amp-videos/m-p/273924/highlight/true#M967

there's some good stuff there. Smiley LOL

Message 30 of 33