Did you mean: 

It’s Best Friends Day!

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hi everyone wave

You know much I love to use official days to celebrate all that we have around us. And today I am more than excited to talk about Best Friends Dayheart_eyes

Of course, as with any other day, we don’t need a special day to celebrate our friendships. But as many days before this, it’s a great occasion to reminiscence, share memories and have a laugh. And why not take every chance to celebrate? I sure wouldn’t say no!

May it be on a digital space like our O2 Community or in real life, many of you will have had the chance to meet new people over the years and be able to now count them as friends.

giphy (20).gif

(Lukas and me dancing to ABBA)

I myself met my best friend on the first day of University. And even though we are both from good old Germany, we come from completely different parts of the country. Many of you know who I am talking about, it’s the one and only @LukasB. Always there when I need him with an open ear to listen to all of my troubles, we now have a massive pile of absolutely amazing memories that I never ever want to miss hugging

Do you have any great memories of your friends that you want to share with us?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@TheresaV

I met my best friends at work

One of whom we went to Download Festival every year until grown up life and careers took over, so many good memories and laughs and tears.
My other best friend moved home to Ireland, and again so many good times and trying times,

I love the saying that my missus uses when I get together with my 2 best friends - we pick up where we left off.

I really have missed them both in the last year and missed seeing my god son and just spending time with them...
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
1. Is it possible to have more than one best friend?
2. I always wonder if the people that are considered a best friend, consider that friend a best friend.

PS I don't have a best friend
Message 3 of 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
I have two best friends that I've known since school days
Someone I consider to be a good friend here on the community
Many others who are either family or thoroughly decent people
Hope that covers all the folk on here wink
Message 4 of 20

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

I would say acquaintances  @TheresaV hahaha 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LukasB wrote:

I would say acquaintances  @TheresaV hahaha 

Well that answers no2 LOL

Message 6 of 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I think it's possible to have more than one best friend.

I have a best friend here in the UK. She was once my boss so she treated me quite unfairly at times, to prove to every member of staff that she wasn't favouring me whatsover!! joy

Another best friend, we grew up together, she eventually moved to Australia, so it's emails and the occasional phone call.

A great friend who lived in Spain, is one I'm very close to. She moved back to Liverpool for the sake of her husbands health.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 20

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I think you can definitely have more than one best friend(watch out for when I get a dog Lukas) or even just good friend if you don't want to label it @Anonymous and as @madasaf1sh said I think sometimes it's just about a connection. Even if you live on the other side of the world, whenever you come together you can just pick up where you left off.

It's great to see that everyone seems to have some friends scattered across the globe @Cleoriff. And even though my acquaintance as he calls himself @LukasB only lives around 20 minutes walk away, I am sure he would still love/hate me if I moved to another country sweat_smile

signature

Message 8 of 20

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:
I have two best friends that I've known since school days
Someone I consider to be a good friend here on the community
Many others who are either family or thoroughly decent people
Hope that covers all the folk on here wink

It's great to hear that there are such strong friendships formed on the community over the years @jonsie. I keep thinking about people who like gaming as well, they often form such strong friendships online and only meet each other (if ever) years later! Means that there's really no boundaries isn't there smiling

signature

Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's all black & white to me (literally & figuratively) & I struggle with this whole multi best friends thing.
I have a pair of shoes, a shirt, trousers for best (not that I ever wear them) I don't have multiple things for multiple occasions.. Same as friends.. I don't see one as better than the other or only suitable for certain occasions.
If you have a best friend, surely they are deemed 'best' because they are just that, the person you can turn to for anything at anytime.

Just my two'penneth
Message 10 of 20