URL

http

jpg

mms

Message 1 of 87
86 REPLIES 86

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you @MI5 & @Cleoriff  I've bookmarked each of your posts, to do a mass print off in the not too distant future slight_smile

Message 61 of 87

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 62 of 87

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

www.google.co.uk

Thanks @Anonymous  Some of my links aren't working.... as of 2 days ago slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 63 of 87

Anonymous
Not applicable

having a mass print off day at home today & have over-used the newish printer I have (no I havn't kicked it) = it's now short of ink - will go into town tomorrow to the cartridge shop

I now know how to use Wikipedia & feel I am getting somewhere organising myself with the threads I've started on O2C to be able to use properly in the not too distant future

thank you all who have helped me Bouncy Thanks! Cat

Message 64 of 87

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

MIFi ... I've Googled it & got loadsa answers what it is & what it does, & because I said above  ^  ^  ^  I actually found doing a big print off easily used up loadsa ink very quickly ... & as you will know printer ink cartridges are expensie ... plus as I have a very poor short-term retentive memory I have been using a medium sized hard back ruled paper hardbacked notebook & gel pen ... this also has the advantage that by seeing / the actual process of having pen in hand writing to paper in hand ie handling in my brain the info another time is part of my brain's particular learning method, then again I have a reference 'file' I can leave near the laptop to look up again easily infomation such as in this thread

Is it Micro Fidelity? Google doesn't actually state that

& my problem with Google is that there is not just a single definite very accurate individual postings ... oh OK then I have to use my brain & not be 'spoon fed' as I'm used to with you good people on here

but I've gathered that MIFi are compact & create wireless router devices, they work by a localized signal - no software to install, easy to set up, can store data so useful for a group of people say a family or a group of students living in shared accommodation, a MiFi unit can get online up to 5 people simultaneously & so is a cost effective option, it can be mobile broiadband, & can store data

the paragraph above  ^  ^  ^ I have copy typed up from my handwritten notes from said paper notebook above

Cat

Message 66 of 87

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Without being at all techy Jane then MiFi allows you to set up mobile internet on your device if you are in an area with no WiFi.... (so you create your own hotspot for internet as it were)

An example and using my personal experience...... The gang of us go away for weekends to areas where Wifi is limited or non existent...so we either use our phones with mobile data turned on (eats up your data allowance)....or if using tablets we use MiFi attached to the tablet via a dongle which has a mobile data sim inside it.....

And like you I had no idea what MiFi was up to 2 years ago...Happy Dance

Before I had WiFi installed in my apartment in Spain I used a dongle plugged into my netbook to give me internet access It had a Spanish mobile broadband sim installed in the dongle. I used to top this up every time I came to Spain...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 67 of 87

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you @Cleoriff for a thorough & easy to understand explanation Thanks!

Message 68 of 87

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just to add confusion to the mix... my own tablet a HP Slate 10" in RED (recommended 2 years ago by @MI5 to suit me).....needs no such MiFi attachment. It came with its own data sim installed into the tablet (HP call it a datapass) I can top that up online whenever I need to....

No... it isn't the best, fastest, thinnest, latest state of the art piece of kit (my husband has that) ...but it suits me. Has never let me down anywhere in the UK...As @MI5 said before I bought it....it's like a big phone but you can't make phone calls.....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 69 of 87

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can understand what you have written above @Cleoriff

& the colour Bouncy

My laptop is copper coloured, luv it, but is a bit too heavy for me even using the x-body bag I have for it to say cart into town & enjoy myself out of the house in the many places which have WiFi

My son has said we'll see about something smaller when this packs up

but at Skipton Laptop Centre, on Facebook incidentally, well young Dominic does refurbished tech, the room he has all the machines / tools/ etc fascinates me & he says he knows where everything is

the front show room is impressive & his own office looks fine, only viewed through open door

I wish him well, pay him in cash, & have his business card

I just may look in on him in January when its my birthday, & honestly for the amount of tv I watch I maybe well enough sticking with the old colour portable tv & getting something like a notebook / tablet

I only watch SCD on telly in living room

listen to lots of BBCR4 in bed late at night

I watch The Last Kingdom on iplayer off BBC2 ... all a bout Danes & Saxons ... King Alfred who can't eat meat & gets upset about it, leading character is Uhtred, a hansome man Cleoriff but hairy

Yep gone off topic, but its my thread lolz

Message 70 of 87