cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've done it!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got a Galaxy S5 that is! In the end I decided to stick with O2 and upgraded through CPW - I was ignored in the O2 store (hardly any staff) so went to CPW and ended up with a better deal.

One question - they did a SIM swap instore and, while I can use the phone, I haven't got my own phone number. When I checked on My O2 my number is showing so is it likely to sort itself out?

Also, I've noticed my contract renewal date is showing as December 2017 - I presume that's something O2 can sort out?

First impressions of the phone are good, sharp screen and very, very fast processor. I'll update more when I've had a chance to play with it properly.
Message 1 of 121
120 REPLIES 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did - I watched them do it!!!  This is turning into a nightmare (and an expensive one!) as most of my friends have iPhones...

Note to self - do not upgrade phone ever again!!!

Message 81 of 121

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
If you are signed out of the phone the number should de-register from Apple's servers.
There are a few cases reported where this doesn't happen (or takes a few days).
Until Apple de-register your number you are stuck so maybe a call to Apple will expedite it for you.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 82 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks MI5, I'll see what happens and if there's no joy I'll give Apple a call.

Message 83 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 84 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks BoB.

Message 85 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just given Apple a call and they have deactivated iMessage on my account.  Apparently I need to wait about half hour and it should be deactivated.  I then need to ask the people who I've had a conversation with using iMessage to delete the whole conversation so it restarts as a text message!  A bit of a performance but hopefully sorted out.

Going back to the call quality on the Samsung, I have to say I wasn't impressed.  I had 3 bars of reception but the line was very crackly and worse when the person spoke.

Message 86 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd get it back to Cpw and stand your ground Tracey before too much time has elapsed.
Message 87 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I will.  I haven't had a lot of chance to use it but that's 3 different numbers (that I can remember) where the quality has been poor.  It'll probably be fine when they try it Smiley Frustrated

Message 88 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sod's Law !

Fact is it's not performing in a reasonable way so they should IMO swap it out and stop protecting their storeroom stock.

Sales of goods act defines it has to perform in a way it was described to do.

One reason I continue to choose Apple.

Go get em girl.
Message 89 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm wishing I'd stuck with Apple now!  Mind you I was a bit annoyed that I had to phone them to get my number de-registered, that felt a bit big brother-ish!  It's my number, not theirs!

I will be going into CPW and, if they won't do anything, I'm going to be bringing up all the hassle I've had with the number as well - uncontactable for 2 days, given someone else's number and then a duff phone!

Message 90 of 121