Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I`m A Celebrity 2020

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I`m A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here is to start tomorrow - Sunday 15 November - on ITV.

Instead of being located in Australia, this - the 20th I`m A Celeb - will be located at Gwrych Castle, Abergele, Wales.

The show will be hosted, as usual, by Ant and Dec.

The celebrities taking part will be:

[info from Digitalspy - https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a32374654/im-a-celebrity-2020-cast-start-date/

Sir Mo Farah

i’m a celebrity 2020, sir mo farah cbe
Olympic gold medallist.

Mo says: "It will be nice for people to see me doing something other than running."

When asked what he would miss the most while in the celebrity camp, he named "coffee", his wife and his children.

Vernon Kay

i’m a celebrity 2020, vernon kay
TV presenter and husband of Strictly Come Dancing's Tess Daly.

Vernon thinks that he'll be the "person to keep spirits up" while in the camp, and admits that he'll miss his family most.

Jessica Plummer

i’m a celebrity 2020, jessica plummer
Former EastEnders actor.

In terms of her fears, Jessica points to "arachnophobia" a "fear of heights" and "just about every phobia".

"It will be nice for people to see me for who I am rather than my EastEnders character," she said.

Victoria Derbyshire

i’m a celebrity 2020, victoria derbyshire
Journalist and TV presenter

"I am not a fan of spiders or confined spaces and I don't know what I am going to be like when I get there," she said.

Beverley Callard

i’m a celebrity 2020, beverley callard
Coronation Street star.

"People think I am glamorous as I have played Liz for so long but I am not," she said of her iconic on-screen character.

She's most scared of "ghosts and insects" and will miss her dogs and her husband the most.

Giovanna Fletcher

i’m a celebrity 2020, giovanna fletcher
Author, blogger and wife of McFly singer Tom.

Giovanna has a fear of heights and admits that her legs "go wobbly".

She believes that her role in camp will be "Mum, friend and the giver of hugs".

AJ Pritchard

i’m a celebrity 2020, aj pritchard
Former Strictly Come Dancing professional.

"People see me with sparkles and fake tan but nobody knows what I am like," he said.

His dream campmate would be "any celebrity with an intriguing background".

Shane Richie

i’m a celebrity 2020, shane richie
Actor, comedian and EastEnders star.

Shane's fear is "human faeces", apparently. "If I see one, it is over! I am hoping the camp toilet will be enclosed."

Hollie Arnold

i’m a celebrity 2020, hollie arnold
Paralympic gold medallist.

Hollie thinks her role in camp will be the "cook" or a "shoulder to cry on".

Her dream camp mate would be Michelle Keegan, and she'll miss her "boyfriend, food and cats" the most.

Jordan North

i’m a celebrity 2020, jordan north
BBC Radio 1 DJ.

"It's just easier to say what I am not scared of. I have so many phobias," he said.

Jordan also thinks that in camp he'll be the "entertainer" and the "tidy up person".

Any other members of the Community going to be watching?

What are your thoughts on the line-up ? the re-location? 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 159
158 REPLIES 158

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for posting @Mi-Amigo. I have to say this is always one of my favourite winter TV shows.

As for it being in Wales this year, I doubt we will see the usual 'girls in bikini' shots. It will be cold and raining.

Apparently the Castle is said to be haunted. Fear

There's a FB I'm a Celeb group, so I have been following that.

A lot of the members are from that area and have really welcomed the team to Abergele. Watching helicopters circling and flying overhead.

Pubs and shops have the show notices in their windows.

I have no idea what format it will take. They certainly wont be dropped from a helicopter into camp, nor have to make a boat and row across a river.LOL

Also what about the high wire challenges? Will they be possible?

Never mind, they are giving us a show and that's all that matters.

As for the Celebs, I know most of them.

AJ Pritchard had Covid 19 3 weeks ago but has now tested negative.

Bring it on..Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 159

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Most of the first episode was introducing the celebs to us, although we did have a couple of trials.

5 people came in by helicopter and the other 5 arrived by road. No jumping

from helicopter though!

The first 5  made up of Shane, Bev, Mo, AJ and Hollie were on the ground and could see their backpacks hanging at various levels from a cliff

The other 5, Vernon, Jessica, Victoria, Jordan and Giovanna, were at the top of the cliff and had to abseil down and pick up 2 camp bags locked together after answering a couple of questions which unlocked the key.

Interesting to note those who had a fear of heights. Jordan, was vomiting into the bushes before the trial started. rofl

Once all backpacks were released and were on the ground along with the abseiling team, they made their way to the castle where they were housed inside. No looking up at the moon and stars for this lot in Wales. They appeared to be housed in a large dungeon, with flaming torches for light

A fire had to be lit for cooking food (and heating the boiler for water) Vernon lit the fire just like you do when in the scouts...so he seems pretty handy.

Ant and Dec appeared to tell them about the first trial which they all took part in.

Each locked in a single cage and had to move stars along a track of metal using a stick and having to navigate the star up , down and round, until it reached the next person. Purpose, get 10 stars to the end which meant 10 meals for camp. Each person was showered with mealworms and cockroaches during the task..

The obvious weak link was Bev who had a stack of stars piled up which she was slow to move.

They managed 7.

The meal was rabbit and a few weird veg. Two refused to eat as they 'couldn't bear the thought of eating bunny rabbits'. Mo did a lot of the cooking with Vernon.

People voted for tonights trial, which includes snakes. Shane and Jordan (who seems to be a right wuss) are nominated to take part

A weird and different take from the jungle. I'm sure I will enjoy it, even though it's different.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 159

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff for the great account of the opening night of I`m A Celebrity.

It seemed to me, from first impressions, that the celebrities are supportive and going to get along.

It remains to be seen whether that will continue - with Jordon being physically sick before descent of the cliff; and Beverely clearly cost the celebs extra food for camp by not being able to deal with the build up of stars in the first challenge.

Should be interesting viewing tonight when Shane and Jordon face the snakes in the Viper trial.

My feeling is they aren`t going to get that many stars for the meal tonight.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 159

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I think Jordan will be picked for many trials as he seems to be the wuss among them.

Time will tell. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 159

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
We watched last night as well (also big fans here) and thought immediately that Jordan would be this year's Helen (Flanagan) - nominated for most challenges as he will make good TV.
At last until they find a way to say he cannot do tonights trial...
Found it very funny that Hollie had to mention her MBE when they were introducing themselves over the radio. Mo didn't mention his knighthood!
First impressions are that Shane, Mo and Vernon will just get on with it, as will most of the ladies (Bev aside). AJ and Jordan will struggle I think.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 159

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gmarkj 

I did forget to mention the funny part where Shane attempted to get into the hammock and fell straight back out of it rofl

This Morning have just given us an update via Alison Hammond. Apparently they had over 12 million viewers last night. Even more than the opening night for last year.

She also was given a slight spoiler by the producers about the trial featuring Jordan and Shane. Nothing of the trial was shown but a lot of emphasis on Jordan, and his fear of doing it. Shane looked ok, Jordan was a quivering wreck. Apparently Twitter is trending that he will be the next Gillian McKeith. rofl

More info
It seems to be a trial where they are locked into a coffin with the snakes.FGS!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 159

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good to know that, like me and @Cleoriff , you and your family are fans of the show @gmarkj .

I agree that Jordon could well end up being chosen by viewers for more trials. Maybe we`ll get one of those memorable moments like Paul Burrell reaaching in amongst critters for stars.

I also reckon that out of the girls Bev might get chosen.

As for those who will go far, I`m betting on Mo, Shane and Vernon.

Not yet chosen my favourite to win - too early to say...

Looking forward to tonights. Snakes don`t worry me. Now rats - that`s a different matter and when they are in the trial, it`ll will be a behind the sofa time for me...   

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 8 of 159

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Strangely enough I won't be watching AT ALL
I appreciate others are fans of the show though
Just how long will this be blighting my tv?
Message 9 of 159

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:
Strangely enough I won't be watching AT ALL
I appreciate others are fans of the show though
Just how long will this be blighting my tv?

3 Weeks @jonsie . Lol

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 159