cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I did not know that???

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought it may be fun to educate ourselves about some of the weird and wonderful. 

I want truly, I did not know that facts.

So I will start with one but I have hundreds.

Bob Marley was of mixed race his Grandfather was from sussex and his grandmother was a Syrian Jew. 

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Liquid wrote:
^^^ for the win:D

Longest officially recognized place name is Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu, has 85 letters. It's the name for a hill, 305 metres (1,000 ft) high, close to Porangahau, New Zealand.

This name has been used as a 'line' in a song - bet no-one can name it or the 'artiste' ....

Message 31 of 35

GrahamF
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 138 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 5 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Liquid wrote:

Longest officially recognized place name is Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu, has 85 letters. It's the name for a hill, 305 metres (1,000 ft) high, close to Porangahau, New Zealand.

This name has been used as a 'line' in a song - bet no-one can name it or the 'artiste' ....

The Lone Ranger by Quantum Jump??? wink
Everything will be OK in the end. If it isn't OK, then it's not the end!!
Message 32 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

the Internet was originally supposed to be only for military use

Message 33 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GrahamF wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Liquid wrote:

The Lone Ranger by Quantum Jump??? wink

Spot on GrahamF - you must be nearly as old as me Smiley LOL

Message 34 of 35

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Or select word, copy, paste into google Smiley LOL

Sadly I do actually remember it on release and oddly there's a soundtrack to a film amongst the parents record collection. Name it if you dare and omg, I've just read what the lyrics are to that song Smiley Embarassed

Sheepdog in "er, the 70's were my time of growing up so we didn't know the lyrics meant something else" mode

Message 35 of 35