cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I did not know that???

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought it may be fun to educate ourselves about some of the weird and wonderful. 

I want truly, I did not know that facts.

So I will start with one but I have hundreds.

Bob Marley was of mixed race his Grandfather was from sussex and his grandmother was a Syrian Jew. 

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

DVD did at one point stand for Digital Video Disc till the computer industry pointed out that it could be used for other things so it changed to Versatile. Of course we always knew the alternate use of being a coaster, a frisbee, cooked under the grill with cheese....

Of course I could be cynical and point out that there is an inflation clause in the T&C's but that's really going off-topic 🙂

Message 11 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Digital versatile disc,  VHS stands for video home system HD-DVD is actually advanced optical system before they renamed it

Message 12 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are terms and conditions in a Phone contract........ I did not know that!! 

Sorry, could help myself.

Message 13 of 35

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
^^^ for the win:D

Longest officially recognized place name is Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu, has 85 letters. It's the name for a hill, 305 metres (1,000 ft) high, close to Porangahau, New Zealand.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 14 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is impossible to lick your elbow...

(Laughing in advance at anyone who like me thought 'don't be daft, that's well easy to do...! Oh um maybe not then')

Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lick the insideSmiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Lick the insideSmiley Very Happy

Lol....That's cheating! Ha tongue
Message 17 of 35

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Uri Geller took Nintendo to court in 2000 because the Pokémon Kadabra was able to bend spoons and let things fly.

The sum of all numbers on a Roulettetable is 666.

In medival Japan agreements under gentlemen was sealed by crossing the urinestream.

Starfishs don't have a brain.

In New York there are 8x more rats as humans.

M&M's were developed for soldiers to be able to eat chocolate without having their fingers full of it.

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 18 of 35

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The weight of the cows in any given field will always be less than the weight of the worms underneath it.

There is one legal cannabis farm in the UK.

Venezuela provides Cuba with 115,000 barrels of oil a day - for free.

The brother of xxxxxxx washed his rental car after a lion ejaculated on it in Windsor Safari Park.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 19 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Internet was originally called ARPANet (Advanced Research Projects Agency Network)

A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.

Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy. Smiley LOL

Message 20 of 35