cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often do you all change your handset?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How often do you all change your handset?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Moved to Off-topic slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 2 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

I change when I feel my phone is 'old hat' and something I fancy comes along. I also put a little money aside each month to buy sim free and stay on this tariff which is ideal for my needs.

Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same as Jonsie

Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same as jonsie & reader, much better & easier way of doing things

Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to change pretty often but I have a hatred for Iphones and since getting my S2, I am happy. 

Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

either when my phone is breaking, or i see a great deal grin 

Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
i change my iPhone every revision, always seem to make good money on them so its not expensive each time i upgrade. SIM free from apple is the way forward
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last handset I had for 7 years, it was only when it started to play up & I had ran out of spare parts to fix it that I decided to replace it.

To me a phone is a phone, if it does extra things then thats a bonus, when I need or want a replacement ill buy the best I can aford.

Current handset has a 2 year warranty so I might just wait till the next Bond film & phone come's out in a couple of years then treat myself to an upgrade then, current handset ill most likely just give it to my mother IF she can work it.

Message 9 of 18

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I don't bother changing for years at a time. 6 years is the best though 2 years is the shortest but that still works! Sadly the battery life on my XDA Zest is getting worse and probably due to me dropping it, its slowly being less responsive. Damn good phone though for WM6.1 and it will be relegated to being a dedicated satnav shortly.

Oh and there's really  no point in buying a flashy phone as I don't have 3G around here!

However, I'm starting to use my tablet (BB Playbook) more I'm finding less reasons to go for top-end phone nowadays as tethering/wifi is sufficient leaving the phone for more basic internet purposes. 

Message 10 of 18