cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you send your Christmas greetings?

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 Community 2019 Advent Calendar

Sending Season's Greetings used to always be by Christmas cards in the post. The joy of seeing who has sent what to you at Christmas time. Nowadays things may be a little different. I give to my special charities at this time of year.

I still need to keep in touch with family and friends. Some I don't see from year to year. Some I see regularly. This year I have bought an assorted pack of Christmas cards from CPL Cats Protection League. Very good quality cards and pretty pictures too.

To some people I send a chatty email with a suitable Christmassy picture or family photo. To others I send a text message with picture or a private message with picture via Facebook. I have limited mobility in my hands so IT is now very useful to me. One year I sent out a few Yorkshire Dales calendars.

Only on Christmas Day do I call first my mum Olwen, this is tradition, and then my son Alex, who will be with my daughter-in-law's family for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Still, there is nothing like sending a Christmas card to a loved and valued human being, or the cat / dog / pet. smiling

Christmas cards I've kept

I keep the cards I receive. I used to make gift tags out of them, but these days I prefer to keep the fond memories sent on the Christmas card.

Happy Christmas time to all on the O2 Community forum.

Happy Christmas

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

This will be the last year I send Christmas cards. I intend to give to charity from now on.

All my cards come from Cancer UK and the Mary Ann Evans hospice which is local to me and does a massive amount of work for people with cancer and those who have been bereaved.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I don't send  cards, only personal texts or social media messages. That's been the case ever since my wife passed away.

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cards..... CARDS..... *bleep* off!
Message 4 of 12

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35239 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

E-mail for a few years now, except for neighbours, who get a small charity card through their letterbox.

Message 5 of 12

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10675 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hello @Anonymous
A lovely story about your Christmas cards. ✉

There have been a few changes over the years not least the high cost to send a card in the post probably the card would have cost less.

The size of the card too which has stopped those magnificent large cards sent by admirers to impress!!

So ....cards now need to conform, thin, small needing to pass through this or that slot ....not exciting. Nothing exciting left now the post office have standardized 🤬

Yes it was great to get a Christmas card from friends and relatives, as kids we loved to open that intriging envelope😁✉❄🎅☃️

Times are a changing. On the brighter side though, communications are much better now and keeping in touch is easy and quite cheap.

☃️☃️

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 6 of 12

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35239 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:

So ....cards now need to conform, thin, small needing to pass through this or that slot ....not exciting. Nothing exciting left now the post office have standardized 🤬

Ah yes - and the tiny difference between a First and a Second Class stamp...  And since when did sending a letter to Europe cost £1.35? fearful

I imagine recent endorsement of the plans for UK to leave the EU will soon put paid to any letters going anywhere cheaply I suspect. Bang

Message 7 of 12

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Merry Christmas all usually a phone call a txt or letter
Message 8 of 12

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25030 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I buy charity Christmas cards. Give them to neighbour and carers. Send to a couple of friends.

Any cards I receive, I recycle... 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 9 of 12

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I have some DIY Christmas cards from last year that I didn't get to send but really enjoyed making, so will send one to my parents this year. I think if I send it now, it might arrive after Christmas, so it will be a New Year's card instead. Same with the other card I have left, which will go to my best friend! Otherwise I send my greetings via WhatsApp, normally with a nice Christmas image or a photo of my cats. slight_smile I'll add a Christmas hat on the cats and some other ornaments properly to the image before I send it to make it funny and Christmassy. grin

Message 10 of 12