cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you send your Christmas greetings?

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 Community 2019 Advent Calendar

Sending Season's Greetings used to always be by Christmas cards in the post. The joy of seeing who has sent what to you at Christmas time. Nowadays things may be a little different. I give to my special charities at this time of year.

I still need to keep in touch with family and friends. Some I don't see from year to year. Some I see regularly. This year I have bought an assorted pack of Christmas cards from CPL Cats Protection League. Very good quality cards and pretty pictures too.

To some people I send a chatty email with a suitable Christmassy picture or family photo. To others I send a text message with picture or a private message with picture via Facebook. I have limited mobility in my hands so IT is now very useful to me. One year I sent out a few Yorkshire Dales calendars.

Only on Christmas Day do I call first my mum Olwen, this is tradition, and then my son Alex, who will be with my daughter-in-law's family for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Still, there is nothing like sending a Christmas card to a loved and valued human being, or the cat / dog / pet. smiling

Christmas cards I've kept

I keep the cards I receive. I used to make gift tags out of them, but these days I prefer to keep the fond memories sent on the Christmas card.

Happy Christmas time to all on the O2 Community forum.

Happy Christmas

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

My dear Dad (no longer with us) used to hate shopping for anything. He said he suffered with agraphobia when in town.

All a lie as he used to play flat green bowls , darts and dominoes. rofl

I knew it was simply because disliked shopping, had no idea where to go for a nice card and he would ask me to get a lovely romantic Christmas card for Mum. (Same for her Birthday). He gave me the money of course and the only requirement was, it had to have a lovely verse. Card bought. He would read it from cover to cover and sign it.

Mum always played along of course. So dad took the credit while me and Mum had a giggle in the kitchen rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 12

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I'll send cards to the family and then ussually drop them a call, WhatsApp or text on the big day

Thanks

Steve
Message 12 of 12