Great British Bake Off 2019

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Baking ustensils

Hey guys, 

I've just spotted that the contestant for this year's Great British Bake Off have now been revealed, which got me all excited for the upcoming series!

It's a great wholesome and delicious show that I love to watch, and I was wondering if any of you guys follow it too? 

Let me know how you like it, what your favourite themed week is, if there's any new theme you'd like to see, and if there's any contestant from the list you're looking forward to getting to know more through their baking creations!🧁🥖🍰🥧🥐

I always get really inspired while watching the Bake Off, so I might be using my oven and bringing more baked goods to the office during that time, and maybe share some pictures of what I make with you all as well if you'd like slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 172
171 REPLIES 171

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25136 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

Looking forward to finding out what's in that spoiler tag @Cleoriff, that'll be one of the first things I check when coming in Thursday morning! Happy Dance

and me @EmilieT  Happy Dance

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 51 of 172

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122812 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Tonights episode was Dairy week.

Some really weird concoctions. No point doing spoilers until you watch it... Next week it's Roaring 20's

PS problem with the spoiler tag, once you put it on, you can't  get it off!! So one spoiler...(which makes the post out of sync!!)

More info
The one who was eliminated was a shock. Two contestants messed up 2 out of 3 of the challenges, yet neither of those two went

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 53 of 172

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff Sounds rather interesting, I'm curious to see those weird concoctions! I've got my catch up lined up for tonight after dinner so not long to go slight_smile 

Regarding the spoilers tags, I've not had an issue where they would go away, if I add it by accident I usually just delete the lines it covers and it's gone - but that might be an intermittent issue for some I'm not sure, will keep an eye out for any reports of bugs. If you get an issue with a post you can't format the way you want to drop me a PM and I can take a look as well wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 54 of 172

Cleoriff
  • 122812 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@EmilieT 

What I meant was, if I post a sentence normally, then add another sentence under the spoiler, if I then want to post a third sentence out of spoiler (ie normal)...THEN I can't knock the spoiler off for the 3rd sentence?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 55 of 172

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Ooooo I see @Cleoriff, my bad! In that case I would type out the text you want not hidden first, then insert a spoiler tag inbetween? That should work, unless I misunderstood again what you were saying.

For example

More info
Something

Like this?

signature

Message 56 of 172

Cleoriff
  • 122812 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

Ooooo I see @Cleoriff, my bad! In that case I would type out the text you want not hidden first, then insert a spoiler tag inbetween? That should work, unless I misunderstood again what you were saying.

For example

More info
Something

Like this?

Yes that's it @EmilieT . Good idea. Thanks. (It's still annoying though rofl)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 57 of 172

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff Of course, yes, I realise it's not as straightforward as it could ideally be ... but I'm glad I got what you meant and at least we've got one way to do it smiling

signature

Message 58 of 172

Cleoriff
  • 122812 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@EmilieT 

I'm probably more annoyed at myself ...as I didn't think to do it that way...LOL

I spent 5 minutes trying to get rid of spoiler tag...lol

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 59 of 172

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff Nooo don't be mad at yourself, I can't count how many times I've asked colleagues the most simple questions, and felt afterwards that the answer was obvious. It's team work Handshake

signature

Message 60 of 172