cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google I/O 2014: Five things we want to see tomorrow

Anonymous
Not applicable
Google I/O 2014: Five things we want to see tomorrow

"It’s now less than 24 hours until Google’s I/O conference, and we can’t wait to find out what the search giant has in store! New tablets? An updated version of Android? More smartphones? More Android Wear gadgets? Read on to find out what we’re hoping to see from the tech giant tomorrow…"

My thoughts ;

Hopefully exciting new stuff to come. slight_smile

Source ; The Gadget Show
http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/gadget-show/gadget-news/google-io-2014-five-things-we-want-to-see-tom...
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
The LG G Watch will be available for order on the Play Store today.
Samsung joins Android Wear with Gear Live smartwatch, also available today.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 29

MI5
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
Android Auto SDK will be published "soon" and it will come to users with Android L. 40 car manufacturers are on board. First Android Auto-enabled cars will roll off dealers forecourts by the end of the year.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 29

MI5
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
Android TV has a hub with a number of menu "rows" that scroll up from the bottom of the TV, including content recommendations and apps. Looks most similar to what Sony has done with its latest smart TVs.
Message 13 of 29

MI5
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
Android TV will verbally respond to you, like Google Glass does, when asked direct questions such as who played what in whatever movie?
You control Android TV from your phone, but if you don't have it handy, you can use an Android TV app on your Android Wear device.
Android TV has full Google Cast support, meaning it works just like a Chromecast.
So you have Chromecast without the dongle.
Message 14 of 29

MI5
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
New feature: Mirror any Android device to your TV. Just select "cast screen."
Message 15 of 29

MI5
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
Status of Chromebooks: 8 OEMs making 15 devices, with more on the way.
Message 16 of 29

MI5
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
If you approach your Chromebook with your phone, it will automatically unlock. Google Now cards, calls and notifications can all appear on the Chromebook screen.
Message 17 of 29

MI5
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
Back to Android L: With the new version, there are special tools to keep work and personal apps separate. Data separation ensures the two environments don't interact, similar to what BlackBerry 10 does.
Message 18 of 29

MI5
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
Native Office Editing is now supported in all Google Docs apps.
Now you can open Word, Excel and PowerPoint files and save them in their native formats.
Message 19 of 29

MI5
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
Google Fit platform!
Fit will be a unified hub that aggregates a user's fitness stream, that all apps can have access to.
Nike and Adidas announce it will work with Fit. Fuelband will share its data with the Fit hub, and the app will also be able to import data from it.
Message 20 of 29