Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Game] Word Hunt Diamond - Game 7

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25209 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Word Hunters and welcome to the sixth Word Hunt Diamond.

The game is open to all members.

Each week, a grid of nine letters in a diamond will be posted with a target number of words to find using only the letters in the grid.

This week`s "diamond" is as follows:

L

H      R

N      I       C      

A      B

O

This week`s target is 82 words using only the letters in the diamond.

Each word must contain four letters or more and must include the red letter I.

No proper names are allowed.

Each letter in the grid can only be used once in each word [for example, CHILL wouldn`t be allowed].

Of course, words do not have to start with the red letter I

Only one word per post.

Please wait until someone else has posted before posting again.

There is one nine-letter word using all the letters in the grid. 

Regular updates will be given on each page [so as to avoid scrolling back] of the words found and the number of words still to be found.

This game is open to all members. I look forward to welcoming new members and those who have not played before who join in with previous and regular players -

@Cleoriff ; @gmarkj ; @BobM ; @EmilieT ; @jonsie ; @Bambino ; @Marjo ; @AnnieM ; @Anonymous ; @pgn 

Last week, nine players, between them, found all 73 words in the list in the source used for the game; and, in addition, four of them, between them, also found extra words not in the list.

This week`s Word Hunt Diamond is a little trickier - with a target of 82 words, including almost the same number of four-letter and five-letter words [some of which are very obscure] and one nine-letter word. Can you, the members, crack this week`s Word Hunt Diamond; and also find additional words which are not in the list?

Good luck everyone 

@Mi-Amigo 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 223
222 REPLIES 222

Mi-Amigo
  • 25209 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Great game @Mi-Amigo Roll on the next one. Thanks

Now off to review my White Room questions Fear

Thanks @Cleoriff 

Have fun reviewing the questions in the White Room Thoughful

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 211 of 223

Mi-Amigo
  • 25209 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Morning all

As promised, I have had a look at the choice for the next Word Hunt Diamond - game 8; and, as it is your game [I merely set it and run it], the style of the next game should be decided by "the regulars"

@WispaRed7 ; @EmilieT ; @Cleoriff ; @gmarkj ; @Bambino ; @Marjo ; @pgn ; @Bob_Mcg

I can offer the following [none have a letter "S", so not as easy by adding it to make plurals]:

- 65 word target = with similar number of five-letter and four-letter words to find;

- 69 word target = similar level of difficulty as this week`s with mix of easier and harder words to find;

or are you up for a challenge?

I have found a diamond with a target of only 62 words - but the majority of the words [even some five-letter and four-letter words] are obscure... This will probably take longer to solve and may be harder to find words not in the list.

Word Hunt Diamond game 8 will be posted next Tuesday at about 11am; so you have plenty of time to think about which format/game you would prefer. Please post your comments on this thread and will reply. The majority will decide which is the next game.

Thanks for your interest and playing the game

@Mi-Amigo 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 212 of 223

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123258 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Yet again I will go with the majority vote @Mi-Amigo 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 213 of 223

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Either of those options @Mi-Amigo  but if you want a definite choice then 69 has a certain appeal rofl

Message 214 of 223

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Either of those options @Mi-Amigo  but if you want a definite choice then 69 has a certain appeal rofl

Ahhh ... @jonsie Does It Again ... ... ... kissing_heart LOL Mexican Wave

Message 215 of 223

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Mi-Amigo ... I shall go for the 69 one smiling

Message 216 of 223

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36361 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

As this is my Zodiacal sign, I say we go with that - only the right (!) way up... devil

astrology-cancer-zodiac-symbol-sticker-3349-20193-300x300.png

Message 217 of 223

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36361 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

Yeah, @jonsie, brings a whole new perspective on the common or garden fish bar... see_no_evil

Message 219 of 223

Mi-Amigo
  • 25209 Posts
  • 816 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks guys.

The concensus is that the next Word Hunt Diamond will be the one with a target of 69 words.

It will be posted tomorrow [Tuesday] at around 11am. I will be online most of the day and evening to give regular updates. I hope everyone enjoys it. Good luck.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 220 of 223