Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

‌🎸‌[GAME] Word Scramble - '60s British Bands ‌🎸‌

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

For my first Word Scramble I chose a theme that is very dear to my heart, so I hope everyone will have as much fun trying to solve it as I did whilst making it. 

Bear in mind that these are all British bands that were formed during the 🌸1960’s🌸, as perhaps you may associate some of them more with the '70s when they were more popular. A few of them are very famous ones whilst others are more left field picks. Also, no solo artists, just bands.

1. HTE BICDIEENRL NTSGIR DBNA - [SOLVED]: THE INCREDIBLE STRING BAND

2. ETH DRBIASRYD - [SOLVED]: THE YARDBIRDS

3. MAERC - [SOLVED]: CREAM

4. KCLAB BABTASH - [SOLVED]: BLACK SABBATH

5. LDE EPZEPLNI - [SOLVED]: LED ZEPPELIN

6. EHT NAIALMS - [SOLVED]: THE ANIMALS

7. HTE OWH - [SOLVED]: THE WHO

8. RYRGE ADN HET SMCKPEAERA - [SOLVED]: GERRY AND THE PACEMAKERS

9. RMHSEAN TMHIESR - [SOLVED]: HERMAN'S HERMITS

10. HET SKNIK - [SOLVED]: THE KINKS

11. FDRAMEN MNAN - [SOLVED]: MANFRED MANN

12. HET ETTYPR GIHNTS - [SOLVED]: THE PRETTY THINGS

13. ETH LESBETA - [SOLVED]: THE BEATLES

14. MEHT - [SOLVED]:THEM

15. HTE SBZOMEI- [SOLVED]: THE ZOMBIES

16. KNPI FOLYD - [SOLVED]: PINK FLOYD

17. LSMLA FECSA - [SOLVED]: SMALL FACES

18. HTE LOLINGR EOSNST- [SOLVED]: THE ROLLING STONES

19. FFARCTI - [SOLVED]: TRAFFIC

20. OLCPOR UHRMA - [SOLVED]: PROCOL HARUM

21. FAOITRPR NTNIONOVEC - [SOLVED]: FAIRPORT CONVENTION

22. ALNGEEPNT- [SOLVED]: PENTANGLE

23. HET OFST HIAENMC - [SOLVED]: THE SOFT MACHINE 

24. IGNK SORNMCI - [SOLVED]: KING CRIMSON

25. EHTRJO LTUL - [SOLVED]: JETHRO TULL

26. YSE- [SOLVED]: YES

27. ISNSGEE - [SOLVED]: GENESIS

28. HET CEEPNRS ASIVD ROPGU - [SOLVED]: THE SPENCER DAVIS GROUP

29. GOEN SIGTWAHNON ETH MAR MJA NDAB  - [SOLVED]: GENO WASHINGTON & THE RAM JAM BAND

30. PEDE REPLPU - [SOLVED]: DEEP PURPLE

As always, please only one guess per reply, so that everyone has a chance to participate, and also please wait until someone else has guessed after you before you guess again.

Hope to see my regular quizzers 

@Cleoriff @MI5 @pgn @jonsie @gmarkj @BobM @TallTrees @RunrigForever @sheepdog @Projectionist @madasaf1sh and @Mi-Amigo (who asked for the return of the word scramble game - hope you like the theme this time around) and any others I might have forgotten or who want to join the fun!

Message 1 of 79
78 REPLIES 78

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo @Cleoriff @MI5 @Anonymous Thank you so much for partaking in the game, and as you guys fancied this one, more music themed word puzzles will sure come in the future (to be honest, it's a pleasure for me to run games like this as I am a music lover myself).

@Mi-Amigo wow, I'm so happy you enjoyed it that much! grin

@Cleoriff one of my favourite The Who tunes, thanks!!

Again, apologies for my mistakes throughout the game, I'm a rookie at running word scrambles so learning with every step, thanks for helping me out guys.

Message 61 of 79

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123066 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@RafaC 

Please check my comments on page 6 re further games. . This has also been my favourite. Thanks again. x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 62 of 79

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25186 Posts
  • 814 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff for mentioning that and the pm.

Dead right I would not have been a happy bunny if I`d missed this one as it`s so much my era and brought back loads of memories.

To add to @Cleoriff suggestion, may I ask if it`s possible to post with tag/notification on Off Topic the day before the game is scheduled so more are aware of it and might even be able to fit it in with what else they have on ? Just an idea.

Thanks @Cleoriff for the video of The Who, one of my favourite live bands. 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 63 of 79

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Cleoriff and @Mi-Amigo, thanks for your suggestions, I'll check with @Martin-O2 and @lewys-gp about that. 

@Cleoriff oh my, I'm so happy that this was your favourite word scramble game so far as well grin

@Mi-Amigo you're absolutely right, The Who is one of the best live bands ever! And @Cleoriff did well by posting them playing that cracking tune live indeed, what a joy to see (and listen)!

Also I've got to say you guys nailed this one so fast! Well done everyone 👏

Message 64 of 79

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4424 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@RafaC - Agree with what's been said above regarding advance notification in the future. Unfortunately I received no notification for today's game, one which I also would have enjoyed.  The last couple of games again there has been no notification for some reason.  Just curious, did others - @Mi-Amigo  @Cleoriff  @Anonymous  @MI5  all receive notification of today's game?

Message 65 of 79

Mi-Amigo
  • 25186 Posts
  • 814 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@BobM wrote:

Just curious, did others - @Mi-Amigo  @Cleoriff  @Anonymous  @MI5  all receive notification of today's game?

I didn`t get notification of this game but fortunately @Cleoriff pm`d me to tell me it had been posted so was able to get in early, otherwise may well have missed it or been late taking part.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 66 of 79

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123066 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@RafaC  I have seen The Who live more times than I can mention..with and without Keith Moon. Zak Starkey who now drums for them is Ringo Starr's son. He is a far better drummer than his dad ever was

(sorry @Mi-Amigo) 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 67 of 79

Mi-Amigo
  • 25186 Posts
  • 814 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

No apology necessary. I agree Zak is a brilliant drummer.

Like you, I`ve seen The Who with and without Keith Moon god knows how many times.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 68 of 79

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4424 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Mi-Amigo for letting me know.  Is there not a case in the past where lists copied and pasted don't work for notifications?  Seem to recall that.

Message 69 of 79

Mi-Amigo
  • 25186 Posts
  • 814 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@BobM wrote:

Is there not a case in the past where lists copied and pasted don't work for notifications?  Seem to recall that.

I know for a fact that, in the past, with WRQ and WHD members have not received notification if I copy and paste their username, so now always type usernames in any notification. #just saying

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 70 of 79