Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula One 2021.

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So the new season will start in March and Australia was planned as usual to be the opening track. Now it looks set to be cancelled. (March 21st)

I have heard via someone who lives in Australia that although Covid related, nothing to do with that per se. More due to the fact, they are not prepared to run it without spectators. It's a street circuit and they make millions from the fans and ticket prices.

I'm inclined to agree with that. The Covid Bubble teams have put in place seemed to work well, 3 drivers out of 20 catching a mild dose and 3 team staff...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/formula-1-season-opener-in-australia-set-for-postponement/4935595... 

It means that the Bahrain Grand Prix scheduled for 28 March now looks poised to become the 2021 season opener.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 881
880 REPLIES 880

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The problem we have for Hamilton now is grim. Bottas knows without doubt he will be out of that seat at the end of the year so his relationship with Merc has broken down. On the other hand, Perez has now clicked as a No 2 driver for Red Bull, so him and Max are working as a great team.

Radio message when Perez virtually parked his car for Max to overtake him in France.

Max: 'Thanks Checo'

Perez, 'No worries, go get the Mercs now Max.'

Lewis has no help from Bottas at all. Even fighting him for position when he was asked to let him through in Spain. Bottas is no longer a team player and is now driving for himself, which pretty much leaves LH on his own fighting two RedBulls.

Mercedes strategy appears to be failing more often than not.

Styria is a Red Bull track, even though LH has won there on numerous occasions.

TBH and quoting Horner (who I hate) If we can beat them in France, we can beat them anywhere.

He's right.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 341 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

If Vertappen wins both races and Hamilton comes second in both, Hamilton would then have to win 4 races to get in front (Assuming Verstappen gets second in all 4) And that is very unlikely - Okay a lot of other things can happen, but it can happen equally to either driver. 

I heard those radio msg from Verstappen and Perez at France and they were shockingly wet... Seriously this is F1!

Message 342 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

If Vertappen wins both races and Hamilton comes second in both, Hamilton would then have to win 4 races to get in front (Assuming Verstappen gets second in all 4) And that is very unlikely - Okay a lot of other things can happen, but it can happen equally to either driver. 

I heard those radio msg from Verstappen and Perez at France and they were shockingly wet... Seriously this is F1!

Indeed but the thing is, they are working as a team. Something Hamilton doesn't have the benefit of currently.

As I said, he is the best on the grid but he is fighting alone. Oh well roll on this weekend. NOT!

I'm not expecting him to win.

I'm thinking Merc should get shut of Bottas and put Russell in the car as a no2 driver. Drastic but at least they will have 2 drivers helping each other out.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 343 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

P1 Austria

No photo description available.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 344 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

BREAKING NEWS!

Turkey is back on the F1 Calendar Oct 1-3rd

No description available.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 345 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's good about Turkey. 

Verstappen was fastest by a margin in second practice, Bottas was way back again and almost crashed leaving the pit box astonished

Message 346 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

FP2. LH's last lap was the fastest but it was deleted lol. He got 1.05.332

No photo description available.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 347 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thing is though, Verstappen is in a league of his own atm. He is 0.336 faster than the second fastest car, the gap from second to 8th fastest is less! 

Message 348 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If Lewis's last lap hadn't been deleted then we would be saying 'he was in a league of his own' as he was faster than Max. That included going over track limits which hindered as opposed to helping him.

Either way it shows the Merc isn't short on speed. yahoo

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 349 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff Hmm, don't get that, laps are deleted for a reason, you can easily gain a few tenths from cutting a corner, you carry that extra speed all down the straight. If Hamilton had had that extra speed today then he would have put it down, or at least a better effort. And when I say Verstappen is in a league of his own I'm talking the last few races not just today.

I'm a big Hamilton fan but it looks like it's going to be Verstappen's year to me, tbf though you can't say hes not deserving of it.

Message 350 of 881