Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula One 2021.

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So the new season will start in March and Australia was planned as usual to be the opening track. Now it looks set to be cancelled. (March 21st)

I have heard via someone who lives in Australia that although Covid related, nothing to do with that per se. More due to the fact, they are not prepared to run it without spectators. It's a street circuit and they make millions from the fans and ticket prices.

I'm inclined to agree with that. The Covid Bubble teams have put in place seemed to work well, 3 drivers out of 20 catching a mild dose and 3 team staff...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/formula-1-season-opener-in-australia-set-for-postponement/4935595... 

It means that the Bahrain Grand Prix scheduled for 28 March now looks poised to become the 2021 season opener.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 881
880 REPLIES 880

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah the racing director was too slow to react, after the Verstappen crash cars were still racing for a few seconds on the straight, it should have been an instant SC. And a red flag was obvious (Or should be to a race director) after two cars had had high speed tyre failures.   

Message 311 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Checo had a hydraulic issue which was the reason for him being told to stop immediately and RB asked Massey to red flag the race on safety grounds to allow everyone to change tyres.

Yes, Checo did have a hydraulic issue, it was one of the commentators who suggested low fuel.

I've read all the reports about it now. Rewatched the race and the channel 4 highlights as weell.

That being so, I don't believe for one minute the RBR request for a change of tyres was the real reason at all. The data on Checo's car was showing problems with hydraulics for the last 3 laps before the race was red flagged. They didn't think he would last the race.

We heard a couple of pit wall discussions during the time they were lined up in the pits. Horner didn't want the race to restart. Neither did Seidl. We heard parts of both conversations with Michael Masi.

Funnily enough I did. Now I wish it had remained red flagged rofl

Toto said it wasn't a mistake by Hamilton...it was 'a finger issue'. LOL

Bit bloody ridiculous when Ham had already said post race it was his fault and you heard him apologise to the team when he went sailing into the run off area.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 312 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff I think RB were genuine about the tyre safety call for a red flag - One of their drivers had just crashed in to the wall at 200 mph - Masi should not have to be told anyway.

Message 313 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff I think RB were genuine about the tyre safety call for a red flag - One of their drivers had just crashed in to the wall at 200 mph - Masi should not have to be told anyway.

I'm not denying that @Anonymous  (but neither Perez or Hamilton took advantage of a tyre change when the race was red flagged) but Red Bulls major concern was Perez's hydraulics. They were worried he wouldn't last the race.

By the way, when Hamiltons car was examined post race, they discovered a split in one of his tyres.

As a Merc fan I'm more concerned about Bottas. Perez has eventually clicked nicely into place next to Max making them the team to beat with better dynamics. Bottas looks as if he has just given up and is of no help to Lewis at all.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 314 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff You're a Mercedes fan? I would never have guessed rofl

Perez is a class act though, he is a very dependable driver and really good at looking after the tyres, Mercedes should have snapped him up before RB did. Bottas - meh (uninterested Fin?)

Some teams might not have changed tyres but at least had a chance to inspect them though.

Did you enjoy the close up shots of Horners shaky foot? I never get tired of that, maybe they could tape a can of Red Bull to it for advertising purposes joy

Message 315 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff You're a Mercedes fan? I would never have guessed rofl

Perez is a class act though, he is a very dependable driver and really good at looking after the tyres, Mercedes should have snapped him up before RB did. Bottas - meh (uninterested Fin?)

Some teams might not have changed tyres but at least had a chance to inspect them though.

Did you enjoy the close up shots of Horners shaky foot? I never get tired of that, maybe they could tape a can of Red Bull to it for advertising purposes joy

Actually I'm a fan of F1 first and foremost @Anonymous  My dad loved it, so pretty much had my interest since it started. No I'm not at all technical but just because I can't build a F1 car doesn't make me less of a fan. Secondly I'm a fan of Lewis and Mercedes.

My favourite driver of all time was Senna. Hated Schumacher who was the biggest cheat to ever grace the sport.

Followed LH since his karting days and just knew if he could get into F1 he would be phenomenal.

Was proved right with that. rofl

I'm also a fan of Max who I think will be the next WDC.

I can not stand Horner. Drive to Survive showed me what a sneaky little weasel he really is.

Yes it's a pity Merc didn't snap up Perez....but the pity was Bottas had already signed.

Being a bit controversial here but I don't think Russell is ready for that 2nd seat just yet. I fully expect him to get it for 2022 but he needs to learn his place. If he tries to show his strength against LH he will be knocked back pretty quickly. He needs to learn from the master and step up to the No 1 seat when Lewis retires.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 316 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous @jonsie 

Joke doing the rounds....

May be an image of one or more people, motorcycle and text that says "1E @THERESERVEDRIVERS MaME IMEOO Toto Wolff Confirms Hamilton's Brake Fail Was Valtteri's Fault"

rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 317 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable
LOL'd
Message 318 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

This weekend we are in France. The first practice session caused a few issues. One of the bend limits is far too high. Both Bottas and Max hit it and caused damage to their cars. Merc's performance engineer was on the phone to the stewards telling them to get something done about it as 'they hadn't got money to keep repairing the cars!'

Note Bottas was on hards when he set the fastest time. Interesting.

P1 Results

No photo description available.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 319 of 881

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions