Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula One 2021.

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So the new season will start in March and Australia was planned as usual to be the opening track. Now it looks set to be cancelled. (March 21st)

I have heard via someone who lives in Australia that although Covid related, nothing to do with that per se. More due to the fact, they are not prepared to run it without spectators. It's a street circuit and they make millions from the fans and ticket prices.

I'm inclined to agree with that. The Covid Bubble teams have put in place seemed to work well, 3 drivers out of 20 catching a mild dose and 3 team staff...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/formula-1-season-opener-in-australia-set-for-postponement/4935595... 

It means that the Bahrain Grand Prix scheduled for 28 March now looks poised to become the 2021 season opener.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 881
880 REPLIES 880

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Mercedes have always let the drivers race but it's different when drivers are on different strategies, I think they bought Bottas in on that lap to get him out of the way of Hamilton, but Hamilton had already passed him anyway. 

Really looking forward to Monaco, could be a very close race, got a feeling it could be a surprise winner - Maybe Norris thinking   But watch out for Mazepin grimacing

The last Monaco was great if I remember in 2019. Another battle royal with Lewis on worn tyres and Max hunting HIM down. Safety cars etc and Max losing out on 2nd because of an unsafe release in the pits (Never know why the driver has to be penalised for that!).

Mazaspin? What a liability this guy is. FGS! I'm dreading him being there if honest. Not a place for overtaking or any of his spinning techniques rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 201 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous 

Thought you might like this rofl

May be an image of standing, indoor and text that says "MERCEDES STRATEGISTS SURGEON RED BULL STRATEGISTS"

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 202 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff Nice one! rofl

Message 203 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

Monaco 1996 and only 3 cars finished the race astonished

Message 204 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Loved Coulthard's comment. Only 3 of us finished and I STILL didn't win...rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 205 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I belong to a F1 forum on FB. (It's got over 250,000 members and 8 admin so is handled well)

Someone reckoned Mercedes 'were holding Bottas back'. rofl

Of course I felt the need to respond to that.

"Bottas being held back? Did you even watch the race? He lost his 3rd place to Leclerc and only got it back due to a pit stop. They were on different strategies. When LH pitted for the last time, Bottas was 10 seconds behind Max. In 10 laps he never decreased that gap. Then LH comes out of the pits with a 23 second deficit to Max. in TEN laps he had caught and passed both Bottas and Max (despite VB ignoring team orders not to hold Lewis up)

Therein lies the difference. If Bottas, in the same car wants to race, he should stop piddling about, develop a killer instinct and get in the mix. Yesterday he was a complete waste of space, finishing over 20 seconds behind the leading two"

I felt much better after that little outburst. innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 206 of 881

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mercedes have made a complaint about Redbulls (Apprently) bendy rear wing, Hamilton reckoned he could see it moving when Verstappen was in front of him at full speed. The FIA are going to test the rear wings for flex from the 15th June, the tests will now include tests under load -  And they didn't think to do that in the first place?

I find it astonishing that with all the teams tech and hundreds of staff, FIA scrutineers, and cameras from every angle that it hasn't been noticed by anybody else except for another driver. 

Message 207 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous 

Yes, poor old Lewis is taking the blame for this complaint which is farcical as it was actually Toto who complained midweek, before the Spanish GP.

All Lewis said (in post race press conference) that now he had the chance to follow Max he could see 'they had this bendy rear wing thing'.

Amazed at Horners response really. This is the guy who complains on a weekly basis about Mercedes or Hamilton.

There's a meme doing the rounds with Horner holding a phone to the FIA and people are adding whatever they like about his complaints. The last one, which made me chuckle, was Horner holding the phone and saying 'Is that the FIA, we demanded rain  and didn't get it!'

According to him the bendy wing was passed by the FIA. (I don't think he has ever got over the DAS system on the Mercs last year!)

I think they could be in trouble though as changes to the rear wing which improves the cars aerodynamics has been banned for years.

We also know that the car which we see being tested, is far from the car which ends up on track at the start of the season.

Of course RBR fans are stating 'Mercedes say they love the competition but complain the first chance they get'

What a farce.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 208 of 881

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As expected, the Turkish GP has been cancelled, instead an extra race to take place in Austria

A hectic schedule of 23 races although possible doubts over the Singapore, Japanese, US, Mexican, Brazilian and Australian Grands Prix.

All those comprise the whole of October and November's calendar

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/57115403

Message 209 of 881

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Oh No, I was looking forward to Turkey. I can't understand the cancellation if honest. Covid 19 was more rife last year, yet Turkey was put in as a substitute for another country. Let's face it, there was no travel anywhere from the UK last year, yet F1 was given special exemption as it was behind closed doors and each team was in it's own bubble.

Damn and blast!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 210 of 881