Did you mean: 

Foldable mobile devices?

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey guys, how are you all doing today? slight_smile

I just read this techradar article about Samsung's upcoming foldable Galaxy phone. It is rumoured to come out or at least start development this year.

I wanted to ask you guys what you think, are you excited about this type of innovation for mobiles in general? Would you be first in line to get your hands on something like this? And also, what do you think would be the benefit of having your phone screen bending like in the photo below? grin

Samsung has also mentioned that they're interested in differentiating their smartphones with cutting-edge technologies, of which the foldable display is one - wondering what other tech they are planning?

Photo from the article:

Samsung foldable Galaxy X

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions
Pointless gimmick unless you like to put phones in your ass pocket and then sit on them wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 41

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Pointless gimmick unless you like to put phones in your ass pocket and then sit on them wink

LOL 

I have actually done that (by accident)!

For me I think the foldable-ness (?) would be great when carrying a small clutch bag at a party for example which often are too tight to fit my 7+ properly... If I could just bend it a tiny little bit, it would fit. (that rhymed!)

& Now please don't tell me the solution is to buy a bigger bag. laughing

Message 3 of 41

MI5
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions
Yes, we’ll i would never have thought of that reason!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 41

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Not something I want to ever use tbh. It's more a girly thing, where I live (one day again maybe) the lady's all put their phones in the back pocket of their tight denim shorts.... quite a good look..... 😎

Message 5 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 123328 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@MarjoI honestly can't see a use for it. Like you, if I went to parties or a wedding I would take a small clutch bag....Now I don't. I have a number of bags. Every one is a size to take my phone...Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 41

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

I dont like the look of that looks stupid .

Message 7 of 41

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I love Samsung as everyone well knows but I ask why? Well I won't be rushing out to buy one.

Being creative is all very well but the creativity must be practical and be fulfilling a need imho. A foldable phone is a gimmick nothing more. I hope Samsung have more in their 'bag of tricks' than this.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 8 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 123328 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

I just get this vision of someone saying 'Hang on that's my phone ringing...I will just get it out and unfold it'..LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 41

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I just get this vision of someone saying 'Hang on that's my phone ringing...I will just get it out and unfold it'..LOL

Absolutely priceless LOL

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 10 of 41