• 3675 Solutions
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Just a shame each visit will probably come with a pushy plea for knowhow sales off relentless curry's / pc world staff.
Message 2 of 21

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

_BLANK_

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 3 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Is this a good idea to open a shop within a shop? Not sure whether they actually need to be selling goods within Currys ....with the money Google have behind them?

Having said that and thinking about it....it probably makes damn good business sense.....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I think it's a great idea and going in with someone such as Currys PC World, there is a ready made marketplace for them. I would prefer buying from a store rather than online if there is a store local. Mind you, it's a long way to London for me.....LOL

Message 5 of 21

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
This should be a stand alone shop. They have enough products to fill it and it would show a direct competition with Apple and Microsoft. Well it will when Microsoft get stores over here.
iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 6 of 21

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

The fundamental problem I have with Curry's and those sort of shops is, either the salesperson is clueless or come across as knowledgable and spout a bunch of useless information. I'm not saying I know eveything (in fact my knowledge of some OEM products is a little limited as I don't buy into things like that so much), however I feel annoyed when I can hear them BS'ing someone or even me.

It reminds me of the guy in Comet who told me, nobody will ever need more than 4GB of RAM. When I told him, I have 8GB and use at least 5 or 6GB on a regular basis his sales pitch kind of fell apart. Then again he wasn't to know, I run sequencer software and large sampler applications. In the future, I will be aiming for at least 16GB preferably 32GB.

Google's reputation could be potentially harmed by the misselling of their products. So in the interest of good product advice, they should have a strict training scheme and keep the a******* from selling those products.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 7 of 21

L_W_Ward
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
This is very true. A bunch of my students were sold Chrome books from these shops and told they were exactly like PC's/Windows and forgot to mention they are internet based.....
iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 8 of 21

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Anything for a sale.
Message 9 of 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It pays to do a little research before going instore. If you have some idea of what you want from a product you won't be swayed by an over-eager sales assistant who has been told to push a particular item to lower the stock or a product with a particularly good sales incentive for staff.

Message 10 of 21