Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eurovision 2018

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

So it's come around again, that special Saturday in May..... what we have all been waiting for Bouncy... no not the FA Cup final, not even the Europa Final or the first balmy days of summer! Nope, it's the Saturday all nighters of the wonderful Eurovision Fantastic

Some questions therefore ::

• Are we all looking forward to it
  • Do you have a favourite song
  • Do you think the UK have now lost what little support they have had for the last 25 years
  • Have you all got the extra wine and Vodka in ready
  • Are we going to see anything worth downloading or even remembering 
  • Are we going to be allowed to enter after next year given we have burnt all the bridges we took years to build
  • Does anyone actually care
Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

That is until some idiotic plank storms the stage and try to ruin it for everyone. I must say the knife attacks in France seem to have played second fiddle to the Eurovision. Good thing or bad thing? Make your own minds up about that. 

Message 51 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ComaChameleon wrote:

Mum wanted to see it as there was nothing good on tv (and she didn't wanted to see House MD with me as you have to think with them...

@Anonymous
They have some jury and the caller's vote. idk... I don't think the best won, so... if it's improved - dk

@Glory1

I think if the emotions come out and you feel it... That's what's important, not if you can understand everything (as the winner was singing in a strange way I wasn't able to understand much of it... put put put)

@darrengf

Awful, wasn't it? idk why they won (aswell as Israel isn't even Europe....)

The UK-Lady did well, aswell as our German boy was really good (I was impressed, didn't expected that)... Sadly Portugal itself got so less points, as they were really good..

Thank you for replying @ComaChameleon slight_smile

Message 52 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darrengf wrote:

@ComaChameleon

Regarding Israel being in Europe.  This is where it is and isn’t.  Israel has close ties and bond with Europe and even most travel insurance companies also class it as Europe too.

However its all to do with the European broadcasting union and Israel as well as man other countries who you can also say may not be part of Europe have this licence which then allows them to join the Eurovision.

Yes, it was also Australia’s fourth appearance, which is farcical really. They could just rename the competition I suppose, and just expand the competition further, but it’s already grown too big I feel, which I’m sure is why many people can’t be bothered sitting through more than three hours of it on television. The public getting a vote is a definite improvement in the voting system, but if there are too many finalists (as is already the case), then it becomes difficult to remember every performance. If it’s also a test of memory, then it’s probably no coincidence that the favourites are kept late in the running order. 

Message 53 of 53