cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic cigarettes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone use them? Has anyone tried them and gone back to smoking analogues? Has anyone used them and stopped smoking/vaping altogether?

Does anyone have any concerns about their use?

I was a smoker for 19 years until last year when I made the switch to e-cigarettes, specifically the cig-a-like type you can find in supermarkets such as Tesco. After a month of using both cigarettes and the e-cigs I moved over exclusively to e-cigs and haven't looked back. I have not smoked a cigarette for 12 months now and feel much better for it.

I can breath. I don't smell. My clothes don't smell.

I've now moved away from the cig-a-likes and have a proper setup with battery, tank and juice.

So, is anyone else on here a vaper?

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's lovely bob and no calories slight_smile 

Message 31 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 124247 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It's lovely bob and no calories slight_smile 

I suppose once you are weaned off them @Anonymous  Vanilla custard might become acceptable. However until I stop craving nicotine I don't think vanilla custard would hit the spot....:smileywink:

But good on you for giving up the dreaded ciggies wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks den it's still got nicotine in it but as I make the juice myself I drop it down a milligram each month 

Message 33 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 124247 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks den it's still got nicotine in it but as I make the juice myself I drop it down a milligram each month 

I really do commend you for it Damien... Note to self...Must try harder> No.. it is on the cards  for sooner rather than later...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 39

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I've never smoked but I think I could get hooked on Toffee and Vanilla Custard.....aaahh.....that's not the point is it Thinking

So when you "vape" is it like this ?

vaping

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 35 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm fortunate not be be addicted @Anonymous but your choice of flavour did make me smile.
Message 36 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
I make a nice lemon meringue pie flavour as well slight_smile yes vaping is like that but it contains no tobacco or tar or carbon monoxide etc
Message 37 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beenherebefore wrote:

So when you "vape" is it like this ?

vaping

yes and no!

What you're looking at there is a Hookah or Shisha Pipe where tobacco is burnt or heated and the vapor is passed through water (to cool it) and then through the mouthpiece.

What we are all using is alot smaller (think about the size of a pen), has a battery and a tank, and uses juice (consisting of nicotine, flavouring and either Propylene Glycol or Vegetable Glycerine) rather than tobacco. Basically looks something like this...although we're all using something different:

162257821 304.jpg

Message 38 of 39

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

So in effect, a mini Hookah which uses no substance being burned but utilises a chemical reaction induced by heat......sounds to me like an ideal piece of equipment to use as a personal portable still    Bouncy

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 39 of 39