Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driving in Europe after Brexit

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Things might get a little complicated....

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47459859

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35927 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

So, @Glory1, a second vote would be equally likely to make people vote to LeaveDon't know.

And, as @Cleoriff points out, 52% on TNS is not going to work either.

Civil unrest, either way, is not going to help... Thoughful

Message 11 of 27

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122913 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

So, @Glory1, a second vote would be equally likely to make people vote to LeaveDon't know.

Yes, though I think people would vote to leave now, simply because of the way the EU have treated us since we 'decided' to get out.

Again, another wrong reason for leaving! Catch 22 whichever way you look at it...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 27

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35927 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions
Message 13 of 27

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

tenor (2).gif

I think that sums it up nicely!

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 14 of 27

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25156 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

@pgn wrote:

tenor (2).gif

I think that sums it up nicely!

I reckon if TM needs help with Brexit, she should ask Baldrick if he`s got a cunning plan.... slight_smile

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 15 of 27

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I voted leave I'd donit again but they should not have activated the leave process they should have talked it out then activate it
Message 16 of 27

Skyhawk1010
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I don’t trust Theresa May at all. She voted to Remain and is dragging this all out so she can go to the British people with her hands wringing and ordering a second referendum. 

Why is it that people on here and elsewhere state 52% of the electorate voted to leave without knowing the implications? There is no way the EU is going to welcome £9 billion a year less. So it is wanting to give the UK the worst possible deal.

I am also of the opinion that the EU may stop being the Left wing entity it is and may go over to the extreme opposite. 

What would be the implications of staying in the EU if that happened ?

Message 17 of 27

Skyhawk1010
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Cleoriff  no they haven’t !

If they persist and we crash out of the EU, they’ll immediately lose £38 billion in contributions plus at least £9 Billion in net contributions per annum.Yes it could get bumpy, there are loads out there wanting to put prices up and sniff a fast profit ...then blame it on a ‘No deal Brexit’ .

Should also be no surprise that BMW are threatening to pull out. Wonder how they’ll get on if their customers here in thei UK suddenly refuse to buy any more of their cars? 

The EU are blagging it. We are in a stronger position than they are.

Message 18 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122913 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Skyhawk1010 

The one reason I normally refuse to discuss politics on a forum. You have your opinion, I have mine. Equally valid. You wont change my mind, I don't expect to change yours.

Some people knew what they were voting for when they chose to leave. Most people had no idea of the implications.

Many people in my age group felt they wanted to go back to the old way before we joined the EU, (as if, with progress, that would ever happen). Others voted to leave on the back of the immigration 'problem' 

There is no doubt the case for leaving and remaining was filled with misinformation from both sides.

I worked all my life in the NHS, What happened to the famous Brexit bus pledge of an extra 350 million?

Anyway, as I said previously, I won't debate politics. It's a no brainer. There are no winners in this fiasco we have got ourselves into.

Edited for spelling.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 27

Skyhawk1010
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I’d certainly agree with the fiasco bit, albeit from a totally  opposite view to that you probably hold.

Another thing is that the whole matter has caused terrible division, arguments and to be blunt hatred. 

As as with all politics there’s always going to be someone with different views. 

I also work for the NHS...

Message 20 of 27